Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Vulkan Changes Hit Mesa 17.4-dev Git

Phoronix: Many Vulkan Changes Hit Mesa 17.4-dev Git

Jason Ekstrand of Intel has landed nearly 50 changes to the SPIR-V and Vulkan driver code in Mesa 17.4-dev Git...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have a question which is semi off-topic: How does prime work with wayland. Does prime require those xrandr commands to actually work properly, or does it automatically determine display, and off-load devices?

[semi-on topic, as there is discussion about prime and vulkan in the article]

Comment

Originally posted by jaxxed View Post
      I have a question which is semi off-topic: How does prime work with wayland. Does prime require those xrandr commands to actually work properly, or does it automatically determine display, and off-load devices?

[semi-on topic, as there is discussion about prime and vulkan in the article]
      The xrandr commands are only required for DRI2 - DRI3 doesn't require them, simply setting DRI_PRIME=1 is enough to launch using the discrete (2nd card)

I don't believe PRIME is working at all yet on Wayland

With Vulkan you cannot select which card to use (yet). If you have both ANV & RADV installed then it will always use RADV and you cannot use ANV unless you uninstall the RADV driver. I think this latest work to the WSI layer might help towards making it switchable

Comment

Working...
      X