Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Vulkan Changes Hit Mesa 17.4-dev Git

Phoronix: Many Vulkan Changes Hit Mesa 17.4-dev Git

Jason Ekstrand of Intel has landed nearly 50 changes to the SPIR-V and Vulkan driver code in Mesa 17.4-dev Git...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....4-Git-Changes

Phoronix wrote: "Fetch this latest code from Mesa Git while it will make its official debut in Mesa 18.0 due around February~March of next year.

Those patches are available in Oibaf ppa already.

Comment

Phoronix wrote: "Fetch this latest code from Mesa Git while it will make its official debut in Mesa 18.0 due around February~March of next year.

Those patches are available in Oibaf ppa already.

Comment

I have a question which is semi off-topic: How does prime work with wayland. Does prime require those xrandr commands to actually work properly, or does it automatically determine display, and off-load devices?

[semi-on topic, as there is discussion about prime and vulkan in the article]

Comment

Originally posted by jaxxed View Post
          I have a question which is semi off-topic: How does prime work with wayland. Does prime require those xrandr commands to actually work properly, or does it automatically determine display, and off-load devices?

[semi-on topic, as there is discussion about prime and vulkan in the article]
          The xrandr commands are only required for DRI2 - DRI3 doesn't require them, simply setting DRI_PRIME=1 is enough to launch using the discrete (2nd card)

I don't believe PRIME is working at all yet on Wayland

With Vulkan you cannot select which card to use (yet). If you have both ANV & RADV installed then it will always use RADV and you cannot use ANV unless you uninstall the RADV driver. I think this latest work to the WSI layer might help towards making it switchable

Comment

Working...
          X