Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek Baking A "Huge Cleanup" For RadeonSI Gallium3D

Phoronix: Marek Baking A "Huge Cleanup" For RadeonSI Gallium3D

Marek has volleyed onto the Mesa mailing list a set of patches providing RadeonSI with a "huge cleanup" for this Gallium3D OpenGL driver used by Radeon HD 7000 series "GCN" / "Southern Islands" graphics cards and newer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is also a flickering regression fix: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...e9a706f90894a5

Comment

Is it my imagination or i've seen that name in this forum?
      Great to see they don't settle with whatever they merge and continue to improve and clean the code. this could help new people seeking to improve the driver.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post
        Great to see they don't settle with whatever they merge and continue to improve and clean the code. this could help new people seeking to improve the driver.
        Not your imagination - marek posts in the forums quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

Not your imagination - marek posts in the forums quite often.
          oh, yeah. now that i think about it wasn't he who also finally fixed xorg so that quake based games could have working gamma control again? Thanks marek!

Comment

oh, yeah. now that i think about it wasn't he who also finally fixed xorg so that quake based games could have working gamma control again? Thanks marek!
            I think that was more Michael Danzer, who's another AMD dev who sometimes drops by Phoronix. A little less often than Marek though.

Comment

He's been here even before he got employed by AMD. He already did patches for the free stack back in the days.
              Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Just a thought, but maybe separating R600 should be postponed just a little longer? David Arlie seems to be giving R600 a lot of attention lately and I wonder if perhaps the shared code might make his life a little easier. But, I could be totally wrong, in which case keep up the good work, Marek. Anything to help increase productivity (and in turn, speed up development time) for radeonSI is always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  But, I could be totally wrong
                  nobody will notice if you avoid posting

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                    nobody will notice if you avoid posting
                    I can confidently say that everyone here would be happier if you never came back. I'd much rather be unnoticed than hated by everyone. You contribute nothing of substance to these forums, and it boggles my mind why you ever come here.

Comment

Working...
                    X