Early Linux 4.15 AMDGPU Linux Gaming Tests Indicate Some Regressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Linux 4.15 AMDGPU Linux Gaming Tests Indicate Some Regressions

Phoronix: Early Linux 4.15 AMDGPU Linux Gaming Tests Indicate Some Regressions

Here are some early AMD Radeon Linux gaming benchmarks using the in-development Linux 4.15 kernel. Unfortunately, there are a few performance regressions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the regression extends to vega as well, was only getting ~67fps on unigine heaven - i mean, that's the same as Windows - and we can't have that!

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles
    Last edited by boxie; 21 November 2017, 09:27 AM. Reason: Edit: Getting the number right

Comment

darn diddly darn

Comment

Eh, i wish i could run the lastest dc code at all without reverting a bunch of commits. Since about 3 weeks now it reliably hangs my system when a 4k screen is connected.

Comment

I guess these regressions will be ironed out by RC1 or RC2

Comment

Originally posted by zakhrov View Post
            I guess these regressions will be ironed out by RC1 or RC2
            here's hoping

Comment

Hmm, I actually noticed a slight FPS increase while playing ESO on my old HD7850.

But maybe that's just because of changing the kernel to 1000 Hz and building with -march=native and all the funky Ryzen config options.

Comment

Hi Michael, please can you share the kernel? Right now I running your last kernel 4.13-DC2 for about a month and run smoothly. I want to try the new stuff.

Comment

Bisect!

Comment

Originally posted by sp82 View Post
                    Hi Michael, please can you share the kernel? Right now I running your last kernel 4.13-DC2 for about a month and run smoothly. I want to try the new stuff.
                    You can grab it now from the Ubuntu Mainline Kernel PPA, that's what I used.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X