Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.3-RC3 Released As The Quarterly Update Nears

Phoronix: Mesa 17.3-RC3 Released As The Quarterly Update Nears

Mesa 17.3 RC3 is now available as the third weekly release candidate for this quarterly installment to Mesa 3D that will likely be released as stable within the next week or two...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A regression in glxgears? That's a first for me.

Comment

Nah, the regression was in the i915 driver. It could have an impact on other 3D software, not just glxgears.

On another note as a Vega user, it'll be nice to migrate off the bleeding edge mesa-git branch once this release is finalized and get some stability in return.

Comment

Originally posted by randomsalad View Post
        Nah, the regression was in the i915 driver. It could have an impact on other 3D software, not just glxgears.
        i915g driver. And yeah, it's a safe bet that everything was broken before the fix.

Comment

I have yet to test 17.3 RC3 but RC2 in Debian made GNOME 3.26.2 fail to load the desktop. Rolled back to 17.2.4 and all was aces once more.

Comment

Working...
          X