Freedreno Works On Context Priority Support, Plumbs Into Gallium3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedreno Works On Context Priority Support, Plumbs Into Gallium3D

Phoronix: Freedreno Works On Context Priority Support, Plumbs Into Gallium3D

There's been a theme recently with the open-source graphics drivers of working on priority scheduling support from AMDGPU priority scheduling for VR use-cases and tied into RADV to Intel also allowing context priority support that in turn is exposed through EGL. The Freedreno driver has also been working on a context priority implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

small correction, Chris Wilson's patchset that adds the EGL and i965 parts for EGL_IMG_context_priority (and which my patchset builds on) has already been pushed to master.

fwiw, the kernel side support for this is queued up for 4.15, after that I'll push the libdrm and finally mesa bits (assuming no further review comments, but I think I've addressed everything that was brought up the first time I sent this patchset ;-))

Comment

If priority scheduling lets me run F@H or some kinda GPU coin miner thing in the background someday without totally wrecking my desktop experience, that'd be greeeaaaaat.

Doesn't look like that's what's being worked on, but then I only skimmed the article, so please ignore me.

Comment

Originally posted by robclark View Post
        small correction, Chris Wilson's patchset that adds the EGL and i965 parts for EGL_IMG_context_priority (and which my patchset builds on) has already been pushed to master.

fwiw, the kernel side support for this is queued up for 4.15, after that I'll push the libdrm and finally mesa bits (assuming no further review comments, but I think I've addressed everything that was brought up the first time I sent this patchset ;-))
        Hey man - nice work - you are doing a great job (~complement from random Internet stranger)

Comment

Working...
        X