Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa 17.3 With RADV Vulkan Running Great With Polaris, Starts To Outperform AMDGPU-PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
    Easy. Vulkan driver from AMD will be cross-platform and this will further facilitate the work of AMD developers and game developers.
    It's already that, why is radv still alive?

Comment

I have just finished an R5 1600 / RX 580 build and in testing I noticed that the Talos Principle on Windows 10/Vulkan was generating much more heat than the Linux/Vulkan version. When I measured the power at the outlet the Windows run used 260 watts average and the Linux run used 160 watts on average! Has any else noticed this effect?

Comment

Thanks to all RADV developers for their hard work. It's great to see the fast progression and contributions to it from all the different companies.
        Great example of open source.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
          fglrx devs are really bad, years of work and some guys without the same resourges destroy the performance of driver in one year?
          If you specifically mean the codebase for the original FGLRX driver, that was never very impressive...

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
            radv is pretty much a great example of the open source development model at work.
            Yes! This is a perfect example.
            I'd like to thank you so much for all the effort you put in this driver!

P.S. Don't be upset about all the frustrated trolls that are trying to tease you, most probably they never wrote a single line of FOSS code in their sorry life ...

Comment

Originally posted by airlied View Post
              It's already that, why is radv still alive?
              Probably because it [amdvulkan] is still not open source ?

Comment

Really impressive how the performance is steadily improved for RADV. We just need now more games supporting Vulkan :-) New games ported to Linux can concentrate from my point of view on Vulkan and skip OpenGL completely, the drivers like RADV and ANV seem to be stable and perform well.

Comment

The benchmark does look great, indeed (besides occasional switching of the bars). And it makes me wonder if and what AMD will do now with their own Vulkan driver. I suspect they're still in IP review or something and now RadV already caught up so much, it's starts to become questionable if there is much benefit in pursuing this. Or, if there are still parts that would make sense to be added / merged.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Michael, could you merge your graphs for when running OpenGL and Vulkan tests for the same game and resolution, and just color them differently (like green and red, or something like it). It would give a better overview, and fewer graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                      Michael, could you merge your graphs for when running OpenGL and Vulkan tests for the same game and resolution, and just color them differently (like green and red, or something like it). It would give a better overview, and fewer graphs.
                      Yeah, and while you're at it: simply visualizing the individual measurements as points in a scatter plot would be nice, too. You could even use a second dimension to show energy consumption …

Comment

Working...
                      X