Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa GL Threading Gets Flipped On For More Linux Games

Phoronix: Mesa GL Threading Gets Flipped On For More Linux Games

The mesa_glthread functionality has now been whitelisted for more Linux games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can we ask for some Wine Staging benchmarks here and there? Many users run Wine. A Witcher 3 test with GL Threading vs CSMT for both vendors would be a landmark for Phoronix. I have a feeling from my PC that Mesa is faster than NV here.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
      Can we ask for some Wine Staging benchmarks here and there? Many users run Wine. A Witcher 3 test with GL Threading vs CSMT for both vendors would be a landmark for Phoronix. I have a feeling from my PC that Mesa is faster than NV here.
      If people contribute Wine test profiles to facilitate such benchmarking... Unfortunately, Codeweavers hasn't submitted any new test profiles for Wine tests in years.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If people contribute Wine test profiles to facilitate such benchmarking... Unfortunately, Codeweavers hasn't submitted any new test profiles for Wine tests in years.
        ??? test profiles ??? What exactly is that you are looking for? If it is automated benchmarking, many D3D11 games offer that.

Comment

??? What exactly is that you are looking for? If it is automated benchmarking, many D3D11 games offer that.
          Automated benchmarking support plus the script for demonstrating said support so it can be easily integrated into PTS or at least some clear documentation to make it super quick and easy... otherwise it's not worthwhile from my perspective, unless there were readers tipping for the benchmarks, etc.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Automated benchmarking support plus the script for demonstrating said support so it can be easily integrated into PTS or at least some clear documentation to make it super quick and easy... otherwise it's not worthwhile from my perspective, unless there were readers tipping for the benchmarks, etc.
            I presume that these scripts target the Phoronix Test Suite? Can yo upload some so we can have an idea?

Comment

@Michael

Maybe can be interesting if you can make some manual test for saint row games and others case shadow warrior

Comment

Wine can be setup to be completely executed and run via script, including configuration. Its just a matter of pairing up the right settings for specific titles, along with correct command lines. I do like wine, but it can be a hassle to initially setup at times, some things want specific tweaks, installing too many dll dependencies can break stuff etc...

Comment

I presume that these scripts target the Phoronix Test Suite? Can yo upload some so we can have an idea?
                  They're part of PTS, look at the repo or the package in your distribution and you'll find plenty of them.

Comment

Why is Saints Row The Third on the list, but not Saints Row IV? I think they use the same engine and have been ported by the same company.

Comment

Working...
                    X