Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARB_gl_spirv Is The Main Obstacle For Mesa Drivers Supporting OpenGL 4.6

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ARB_gl_spirv Is The Main Obstacle For Mesa Drivers Supporting OpenGL 4.6

    Phoronix: ARB_gl_spirv Is The Main Obstacle For Mesa Drivers Supporting OpenGL 4.6

    While covered in our OpenGL 4.6 overview from when the embargo expired this morning on this updated graphics API, the Mesa feature list has been updated to reflect the state of OpenGL 4.6 support...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Mesa-GL46-List

  • #2
    Michael It would help a lot if you added a picture, or linked mesamatrix.net. You essentially described a table. Cheers.

    http://i.imgur.com/i2Z8S8t.png

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by franglais125 View Post
      Michael It would help a lot if you added a picture, or linked mesamatrix.net. You essentially described a table. Cheers.

      http://i.imgur.com/i2Z8S8t.png
      To be fair, the commit adding the GL 4.6 feature list to features.txt, which feeds into mesamatrix.net was only committed 15 minutes before that story went live.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Veerappan View Post

        To be fair, the commit adding the GL 4.6 feature list to features.txt, which feeds into mesamatrix.net was only committed 15 minutes before that story went live.
        Yep and the cron job or whatever that mesamatrix uses hadn't fired yet.
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          With mesamatrix now updated, I'm surprised to find how few extensions ended up in 4.6. There are still a lot left uncategorized. Anybody know the reason for this?

          Comment


          • #6
            Michael it is fired now (since yesterday 4:45pm GMT -04). You can edit and add the link. Or you could have add the link, knowing that it would be updated shortly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Creak View Post
              Michael it is fired now (since yesterday 4:45pm GMT -04). You can edit and add the link. Or you could have add the link, knowing that it would be updated shortly.
              Indeed. I commented 12 minutes after the article was posted, and mesamatrix was already showing the 4.6 part, as my screenshot shows.

              Even if mesamatrix wasn't ready while writing the article, adding it after the fact can be very useful.

              I don't understand this: we see Michael fixing useless typos, and not add some very nice-to-have information.

              Comment


              • #8
                franglais125 Michael don't like to make external links, and if he does, it will always be at the end of the post.

                This seems to be an SEO, but when an SEO makes the post less relevant, I think it should not be used.

                Comment

                Working...
                X