No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 550: AMDGPU-PRO vs. DRM-Next + Mesa 17.2-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree here, nine is _the_ feature. And a d3d11 state tracker would be a killer. I honestly dont understand why everyone wants to have native games. All we see is poor support and worse performance. Dont get me wrong, native games would be great but it just dont work. Even basic games like Rocket League or CS:GO are flawed. They run perfectly with my old GeForce GTX 460m on Win7 but with my Linux desktop HD 7970, I have graphic bugs, stalls and high fluctuating frame rate. Competitive gaming not possible.

And it just doesnt even have to be a problem of the drivers. But game devs doesnt care too well for their ports. Bugs are usually open for months if they get resolved at all. So we see the usual problem here: when ports are bugged, have worse performance or game xyz is not ported at all users have no reason to switch. On the other hand no userbase, no investment in drivers or ports. d3d11 st with seamless steam integration would be a nice solution. Its too bad it wont happen...

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
      I'm with 'you' for over 23 years (running S.u.S.E).
      Now I'm on openSUSE Tumbleweed with Kernel:stable (Kernel:HEAD for amdgpu, 4.12 should fix the VM speed regression), KDE:Extra, XOrg, Packman and games.

For Wine+staging I'm runnig _YOUR_ 'repo' (home:forkbomb:turboAMD) after Pontostroy's fade out. - Thank you very much for your effort!
      Dieter
      Thanks! Have I been aware that somebody else is using my repo I would maybe put more effort into making sure nothing breaks I have btrfs+snapper so I always rollback if the particular checkout is troublesome.

Cheers!

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm wondering if there have been updated comparisons that reflect more recent versions of amdgpu vs. amdgpu-pro.

Comment

Originally posted by azdaha View Post
          Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm wondering if there have been updated comparisons that reflect more recent versions of amdgpu vs. amdgpu-pro.
          This one from 23 August 2018 https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...mdgpu-pro-1830 You could actually just query google "amdgpu-pro vs radeonsi phoronix"

Comment

Working...
          X