Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitoiset Prepping Bindless Textures For Mesa

Phoronix: Pitoiset: Bindless Textures For Mesa/RadeonSI

Samuel Pitoiset, one of the developers on Valve's open-source Linux driver team focused on better Radeon support, has posted a set of 26 patches for changes needed to support ARB_bindless_texture and is fully implemented for the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The title is "ARB_bindless_texture: round one (GLSL)" which means this first series *only* implements ARB_bindless_texture for the GLSL compiler. Other parts will come later once this one is merged. Thanks!

Comment

This is good.
      Another thing DiRT Rally is available in humble bundle monthly this month for $12.
      Get March 2023 Humble Choice and more when you subscribe for just $11.99 per month!

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post
        The title is "ARB_bindless_texture: round one (GLSL)" which means this first series *only* implements ARB_bindless_texture for the GLSL compiler. Other parts will come later once this one is merged. Thanks!
        Out of curiosity, what is the performance improvement in those feral games you tested?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

Out of curiosity, what is the performance improvement in those feral games you tested?
          It is not implemented yet, only the GLSL shader compiler component - according to hakzsam though I haven't looked at the series myself yet.

Comment

Originally posted by funfunctor View Post

It is not implemented yet, only the GLSL shader compiler component - according to hakzsam though I haven't looked at the series myself yet.
            I don't think that's true

Because ARB_bindless_texture [1] is a massive feature which requires a bunch of changes in Mesa, I splitted the whole series in order to help reviewers. The first one adds all GLSL bits to the compiler.
            I took it as: it's all implemented in some ways, but they're going to focus on one part at a time to review/improve it and then commit, before moving on the next part.

Comment

This is excellent news. Thank you, Samuel!

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post

I can't say for now, it's implemented but the RadeonSI part needs performance improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by hakzsam View Post

I can't say for now, it's implemented but the RadeonSI part needs performance improvements.
                  Looking forward to all this, that may finally lend to me playing DE:MD

Comment

The GLSL parts are now committed.

Comment

Working...
                    X