Feral Now Formally Providing Free Linux Games To Mesa Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triangle View Post
    I don't think it would be all that bad... If a developer runs into a graphics bug they are likely to go "grrrrrr!!!! I go fix dis right now!!!". We would get a lot more bug fixes though.
    This. It's a thinly veiled help in testing bugs. If Mesa devs have access to most linux games they can test bugreports themselves.

We might see devs asking for savegames in bugreports, so they can see the glitches in their own rig, and this makes for (far) faster development.

Now if only AMD could do the same by giving access to remote rigs with GPUs to test stuff...

Comment

Hopefully they don't start binging on those games

Comment

This is a great step in continued engagement with the Mesa community. Feral should be commended for it.

Comment

Originally posted by edddeduck_feral View Post

Comment corrections/typos are all bundled into grouped (once a year?) check-ins so you can't try and 'game' the system (see what I did there). It would be pretty obvious if someone was trying to get 25 check-ins of purely comments just to get a Feral (and Valve) Steam key.
          If i remember correctly there were typos in the code (not comments) that had an unusual amount of patches, but i can remember it totally wrong.
          I think there where one person or so that actually tried.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
            I doubt that's a good idea, you'd end up with folks contributing a little one liner once just to get free games. I think Feral is more interested in proven qualified developers.
            You mean this?
            Feral is judging dedicated contributors by those with 25 or more commits to Mesa in the past five years

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

You mean this?
              Seriously? I'll just have to quote myself for you, since you obviously didn't read what was already said....

Well, I sure am glad to see so many overreactions. Didn't you guys even read what I said? It's apparently obvious that they are looking for qualified individuals, I was being snarky and sarcastic to get that point across. But I guess sarcasm is a concept not well understood?

Comment

Seriously? I'll just have to quote myself for you, since you obviously didn't read what was already said....
                No I didn't, I only read the first page of comments. Speaking of overreactions, try and read your comment again.

Comment

Wonderful, just wonderful!
                  I cannot have more respect for a company than the time when it does this type of things.
                  Congratulations Feral!
                  You have earned my respect and from now on, you along with Steam will be the only place from where I'll buy my games.

Comment

Originally posted by rhysk View Post
                    This is a great step in continued engagement with the Mesa community. Feral should be commended for it.
                    Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    Wonderful, just wonderful!
                    I cannot have more respect for a company than the time when it does this type of things.
                    Congratulations Feral!
                    You have earned my respect and from now on, you along with Steam will be the only place from where I'll buy my games.
                    Thank you everyone We'll do our best to keep making more games for all of you to play while helping/contributing to the community where we can.

Comment

Well, I sure am glad to see so many overreactions. Didn't you guys even read what I said? It's apparently obvious that they are looking for qualified individuals, I was being snarky and sarcastic to get that point across. But I guess sarcasm is a concept not well understood?
                      You've been posting on this forum for a decade, and you still haven't learned not to use sarcasm on the internet?

Comment

Working...
                      X