Threaded OpenGL Dispatch Lands In Mesa 17.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grigi View Post

CPU is right about at minimum. CPU's didn't really improve in performance in the last 6 years.
    The thing is, these fixes addresses smoothness, which makes the game much more enjoyable.
    That is some good news I'm glad to hear. Playability is important, so even if average FPS is lower, if the game "feels" better then that really is better.

Comment

Wait a sec., is it jsut me or this was the news for 17.0? I'm confused now, I'm quite sure I did read the same article for 17.0??

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post
        Wait a sec., is it jsut me or this was the news for 17.0? I'm confused now, I'm quite sure I did read the same article for 17.0??
        The patches are few months old and were mentioned back then. However, they weren't merged until now (some crashes still exist) so it's being reported on again.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post

The patches are few months old and were mentioned back then. However, they weren't merged until now (some crashes still exist) so it's being reported on again.
          Thanks, i started to question my sanity .

Comment

Originally posted by leipero View Post

Thanks, i started to question my sanity .
            As did I, since I recalled some mention of major performance improvements in Borderlands 2 a few months ago but when I started playing again a few days ago the performance was still bad. Luckily, glthread was merged soon after I started playing again. It runs well enough and it sounds like there are still optimisations to come.
            Last edited by ResponseWriter; 17 March 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X