X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    no, as already said. if you want your cache to be in memory, run
    cat ~/.cache/mesa/*/*/*/* >/dev/null
    profile-sync-daemon should put it correctly in memory and sync it back to disk for you.
    (Now depending on the size of the cache it may not be a good idea. Does it get huge?)

Comment

Looks like my next graphics card will be from AMD again.

Comment

Originally posted by Article
        That's from watching the game load it's certainly much quicker and then also the game running faster attributes too to the quicker run-time of the benchmark.
        Do you even English?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          Do you even English?
          I was just about to rant about you being rude to someone whose native language might not be English, but then I noticed you were quoting the article. Yeah, that sentence is... strange.

If you compare FPS per dollar, AMD wins hands up
          Comparing the RX 480 and GTX 1060 on Linux this is actually debatable, but I do agree with the OSS drivers being less of a hassle.

However this only really applies when you are using a distro that ships up-to-date packages, like Arch. I've seen less experienced people complain that their RX 4x0 didn't work ootb on their Mint installs with hopelessly outdated kernel versions, even half a year after the GPU was launched. Not the fault of Linux or AMD of course, but you don't have that issue with a binary blob that works on pretty much anything.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
            I was just about to rant about you being rude to someone whose native language might not be English, but then I noticed you were quoting the article. Yeah, that sentence is... strange.
            My parents are from England - they went through Chicago on their honeymoon and insist that people there do not speak English
            Last edited by bridgman; 05 March 2017, 09:22 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

What happened with 'Dirt Rally Resolution: 1920 x 1080 - Graphics Preset: High' between this:

and this:

?

Comment

Michael, could you please add a test for L4D2 as well? That game really seems to suffer from stuttering and slow load times because of shaders (my guess...)

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  Michael, could you please add a test for L4D2 as well? That game really seems to suffer from stuttering and slow load times because of shaders (my guess...)
                  Last check L4D2 wasn't working for automated testing.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Last check L4D2 wasn't working for automated testing.
                    Thanks for the quick answer. I haven't verified, but according to this wiki, the same parameters are valid for all Source games.

Comment

Working...
                    X