RadeonSI Works Surprisingly Well With HITMAN On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Doubt it runs. I believe someone mentioned it running compute shaders, and that's not supported in the r600g driver along with other GL4.2+ features.
    That's probably the main reason behind Feral requesting a R9 270X as minimum - it's a GCN 1.0 card with performance comparable to the 6870. You could try running an older Ubuntu version (14.04) with fglrx to make sure, but considering how bad that driver was I'm afraid it's a no go until someone implements compute shaders in r600.

Comment

Originally posted by Aiua View Post

With a RX480, i5 6600K, 4.10-rc7, mesa git (padoka), everything maxed out except super sampling and AA 4x, I have between 40 and 60 FPS in the first mission at 1920x1200.

Funny think is it's about what my 1080 is getting @ 1440p on a 4790k @ 4.5 , Only it does jump to the 90's occasionally. mostly 50 - 60. So kudos to feral/oss guys.

Comment

From what I could personally see (I have a [email protected] GHz, so not exactly something that would bind me CPU-wise), current AMD Mesa drivers do retain some bottlenecks somewhere as, past a certain framerates, reducing details levels doesn't increase fps much. As I have a 60fps panel I usually don't care, however it indicates that it's not because a game tops up at 70fps in FHD that it won't be playable @1440p on AMD hardware.

Comment

Does the game have the correct abilities so PTS can be used to automate benchmarking? It might be a cool article to test it against the recommended version of mesa against the latest available version.

Comment

I know, OpenSuse is not supported, but still...
            I can't start Hitman from the steam gui - Warning HITMAN quit with error code 127
            Manually running ./HitmanPro.sh also showed the same message.

When I start it from ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Hitmanâ„¢/bin>
            I get the feral launcher running, but after clicking on Play, I get a crash.
            ldd ./HitmanPro shows no missing library.

Has anybody had those errors and got it running? How?

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
              Did anyone try a R600 card? I have a 6870, and would like to know how it performs before buying it
              steam gives you 2 weeks of calendar time and 2 hours of gameplay to test game and get refund if you don't like it

Comment

Crashes as the game is loading here.
                Bummer, all my other games work.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul_keeper View Post
                  Crashes as the game is loading here.
                  Bummer, all my other games work.
                  What Linux and which gfx driver do you use?
                  I have the same with Suse 42.2 and MESA 17.0 RX480

Comment

I'm running slackware here so I realise I'll get no support and i'm on my own.
                    radeon 7870 (same gpu as the 270x) so I dunno if this will be an issue.
                    I just updated to mesa 13.0.4 llvm, kernel, libdrm, etc.
                    from dmesg on game crash:
                    [50488.933728] Watchdog[27708]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f56f5c343a6 sp 00007f56e5b62220 error 6 in libcef.so[7f56f2bcd000+3cae000]
                    It appears to be the libcef.so that it ships with segfaulting, but don't really have the time to debug it.

I plan to upgrade all my hardware and software next month ... I guess if I can't get it working now, my chances will be better then.
                    Last edited by Soul_keeper; 19 February 2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I'm seeing something similar on the minecraft and spotify forums.
                      "we bundle our own libcef, but it can't be loaded due to different glibc"

so maybe I just need to have a different version of glibc ...

Comment

Working...
                      X