Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Works Surprisingly Well With HITMAN On Linux

Phoronix: RadeonSI Works Surprisingly Well With HITMAN On Linux

With today's release of HITMAN for Linux it's exciting not only because there are signs of possible Vulkan support but also because Feral Interactive backed this game with launch-day RadeonSI support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why don't putting some GALLIUM_HUD that is sort of watermark of gallium... and people might also see what fps thing is at

Comment

With my RX 480 with maxed settings in 1440p except supersampling, I get about 30 FPS with Mesa 17.1-devel. This is quite OK for this game and looks fluently because the frame times seem to be quite smoothly but though it uses several CPU threads one of them is at 100% almost the whole time. So when there was a Vulkan implementation it would be really amazing even when RADV may not be in the shape of delivering any performance improvements over the OpenGL version yet.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
        With my RX 480 with maxed settings in 1440p except supersampling, I get about 30 FPS with Mesa 17.1-devel. This is quite OK for this game and looks fluently because the frame times seem to be quite smoothly but though it uses several CPU threads one of them is at 100% almost the whole time.
        you forgot to mention your cpu

Comment

With my RX 480 with maxed settings in 1440p except supersampling, I get about 30 FPS with Mesa 17.1-devel. This is quite OK for this game and looks fluently because the frame times seem to be quite smoothly but though it uses several CPU threads one of them is at 100% almost the whole time. So when there was a Vulkan implementation it would be really amazing even when RADV may not be in the shape of delivering any performance improvements over the OpenGL version yet.
          Thanks for providing the CPU usage info. Among other things, It suggests that buffering between CPU and GPU is working.

Comment

Michael also most of the shader cache stuff got merged today, less the gallium specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              you forgot to mention your cpu
              It's a 5820K and it ran at standard clocks. So with a Ryzen or Intel quadcore CPU the game may run slightly faster due to the higher default clocks.

But I have to admit that it looks really strange to me. This one thread runs at 100% nearly all the time but it seems to be bound to the resolution. Usually when there is one thread at 100% you would not get more FPS when you decrease the resolution. But when I set it to 720p which is a quarter of the pixels I get 50 - 100FPS. And with super sampling set to 1.5 it's pretty much the half FPS and it's also twice as many pixels...
              Resolution is usually just something that's bound to the GPU performance. That's the reason that people often test for CPU caps by decreasing the resolution to it's minimum.
              Last edited by oooverclocker; 17 February 2017, 06:40 AM.

Comment

With a RX480, i5 6600K, 4.10-rc7, mesa git (padoka), everything maxed out except super sampling and AA 4x, I have between 40 and 60 FPS in the first mission at 1920x1200.

Comment

Did anyone try a R600 card? I have a 6870, and would like to know how it performs before buying it

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                    Did anyone try a R600 card? I have a 6870, and would like to know how it performs before buying it
                    Doubt it runs. I believe someone mentioned it running compute shaders, and that's not supported in the r600g driver along with other GL4.2+ features.

Comment

Working...
                    X