Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gutigone View Post
    No, they don't.

There's a big difference between what Michael said (600 series), and the actual minimum Feral give of a 680. Please, Michael, in future be more clear.
    I was listing specifically what was listed here: https://store.feralinteractive.com/e...hitmanseason1/ but I see Feral since changed it
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      I think I'm going to wait for people to get back on performance on RX 480 before I buy though since IMO it could be hit/miss - I'm hoping at least 30-40 FPS @ 1080p
      Just completed the tutorial mission. Not sure how representative it is compared to the rest of the game in terms of performance since the map is tiny, but the worst I've seen was around 30 FPS, probably due to CPU bottleneck (using an almost 7-year old Phenom II X6), otherwise it's more like 40-50. In all honesty I didn't even expect half of that, good job Feral.

Edit: I've taken a look at an apitrace of the game. There's a lot of binding going on per draw call so maybe they should have at least tried to make use of Multibind if possible, and synchronizing every single compute shader dispatch with GL_ALL_BARRIER_BITS seems a bit pessimistic, but other than that it's quite clean. Again, good job.
      Last edited by VikingGe; 16 February 2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I dig the upcoming article title (which was the fact the hitman runs fine on radeonsi)
        Last edited by Aiua; 16 February 2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

wanted to buy but i noticed always online DRM. so no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            wanted to buy but i noticed always online DRM. so no thanks.
            Hitman do not have always online DRM. Some features require online connection, but generally it could be played offline.

Another story is Denuvo... I do not know if Linux version of Hitman has Denuvo (probably not), but Doom and INSIDE on Windows (when they had Denuvo) required veeeery frequent reactivations (for example game update, also every Windows "significant" change, where update graphics driver is enough "significant" for reactivation).

Denuvo activation could be done "almost" offline. "Almost" because you need copy very long text string - paste it into Denuvo website and then paste answer to protected game. After that it will work offline until next activation request (for example after Windows/drivers update).

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              Where you get these requirements from?
              I was looking on Steam, not sure what the Feral site said, but now it says the same.

Michael Can we get some info from Feral about these differences?
              While 770 to 970 is not that of a big difference, from 660 to 680 it's a whole different story.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                  I was looking on Steam, not sure what the Feral site said, but now it says the same.

Michael Can we get some info from Feral about these differences?
                  While 770 to 970 is not that of a big difference, from 660 to 680 it's a whole different story.
                  Hullo, what's your question? I'll do my best to shed some light on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jith_feral View Post

Hullo, what's your question? I'll do my best to shed some light on it.
                    Thanks, see post #7

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                      Thanks, see post #7
                      We're usually fairly conservative with our specs so that we can guarantee that you'll get a good experience, so sometimes our specs are higher than on Windows. We test our games on a range of hardware set ups and if the performance isn't good enough we'll have to recommend higher spec hardware.

The higher HDD space requirement is because more content has been added to the game since the original Windows release, so the extra space is to account for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X