Mesa 17.0 Benchmarks With Intel: Noticeably Better Vulkan Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 17.0 Benchmarks With Intel: Noticeably Better Vulkan Performance

Phoronix: Mesa 17.0 Benchmarks With Intel: Noticeably Better Vulkan Performance

With Mesa 17.0 due to be released any day now, here are fresh benchmarks of Mesa 17.0's Git code as of Friday compared to Mesa 12.0.6, Mesa 13.0.4, and the current Mesa 17.1-devel Git master code. Not only is the i965 OpenGL driver performance being examined but also the ANV Vulkan driver present since Mesa 12.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmmmm, after trying Vulkan on Haswell back in 12 days, I switched back to OpenGL and haven't tested since.
    maybe worth another look (am on padoka).

Comment

Broadwell please (x1c3)

Comment

Quite irrelevant, as there are still 0 Intel gaming GPUs on the market as of today.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          Quite irrelevant, as there are still 0 Intel gaming GPUs on the market as of today.
          Every GPU is a gaming GPU, just depends how much graphic you wanna push on it... it is all about current limitations so anything might struggle or work fine if you want

It is about good enough for something or not, so even better to to be questioned also - are these drivers good enough for certain gaming scenarios or not?
          Last edited by dungeon; 11 February 2017, 04:03 AM.

Comment

My Dell Chromebook 13 (which is my main workstation) runs Solus (and sometimes Arch) and games run smooth on it, despite it being "just" a Celeron (Broadwell). Sure, I don't play very heavy games like Civilization but I do play heavi*er* games like Euro Truck Simulator 2 sometimes. ETS2 runs fine and smooth on this Celeron with quite high settings. I'm not sure what the GPU is though but I'm sure you'll understand what I mean.
            So dungeon is right

Comment

Well my definiton of entry GPU for PC gaming is whatever do at least smooth 30 fps or 60 fps on whatever resolution even 1/4 of FullHD and on lowest settings If fps is lower than 30 even if it is smooth it is crap that needs adjusting if possible, same way even if fps is much higher but not smooth that is just different kind of crap - but still crap

Otherwise i recommend PlayStation 4 PRO and just press the button Or for PC mainstream AAA gaming in year 2017. GPU should be at least of similar kind like recent console have + 30% faster to be on safe side but that only if on Windows and for Linux add another +30% for the best case driver scenario or better for at least the same but questionable results
              Last edited by dungeon; 11 February 2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

This manufacturer is the James May of graphics. Captn Slow.

Comment

Excellent. One year after its release, Vulkan=DotA2+Talos Principle.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    Excellent. One year after its release, Vulkan=DotA2+Talos Principle.
                    And Doom.

Not a lot, but then even DX12 only had 9 games after the first year of it's release. And that's if you don't count is as released until Windows 10 shipped - there were previews available before that, unlike Vulkan which was a bit more locked down until the final release date.
                    Last edited by smitty3268; 13 February 2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X