X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
    I just said I'm not too attached to x86 and would gladly switch given alternatives.
    and i said it is good for you. so what are you arguing with?

Leave a comment:

• CrystalGamma
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    the real issue is when i will be able to show it, it still will not run my games
    No one's telling YOU to switch, I just said I'm not too attached to x86 and would gladly switch given alternatives.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post
    Show me a RISC-V system that's at least on par in performance with a Raspberry Pi that one can actually buy and I'll be off … but I don't think you can.
    the real issue is when i will be able to show it, it still will not run my games

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by funfunctor View Post
    Because 32bit is stupid for two main reasons: needing multi-libs and security
    unless you have proprietary 32bit apps. like, you know, games

Leave a comment:

• CrystalGamma
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    good for you then, you can switch to risc-v
    Show me a RISC-V system that's at least on par in performance with a Raspberry Pi that one can actually buy and I'll be off … but I don't think you can.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Killer
    replied
    Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
    Do they allow games "ported" using Wine? I mean, if the developer packages their game with Wine, would Steam be ok with it?
    Sure, there are multiple old games "ported" just like that on Steam right now (same thing for DOSBox). Many people hate this, but I'm ok with this approach for older titles, as long as the devs test it and support this setup so it works flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• ElectricPrism
    replied
    Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
    Do they allow games "ported" using Wine? I mean, if the developer packages their game with Wine, would Steam be ok with it?
    My understanding was that for the game to keep the SteamOS icon it has to not have any launcher windows - so assuming it can launch fullscreen from big picture mode I assume it could be fine considering theres some RTS games that are wine wrapped on SteamOS.

Leave a comment:

• andrebrait
    replied

Leave a comment:

• funfunctor
    replied
    Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
    for a game platform it's a good ideia, for the anti32-bit guys valve will not move their client for 64 soon and old games need 32 bits because they are made in 32 bits, I don't see the point of discussions about this
    Because 32bit is stupid for two main reasons: needing multi-libs and security. 64bit makes the address space obviously *much* bigger to succeed in a heap stray, remember steam runs a web browser as well so its a good target, especially when there is large attack surface to shove malicious links somewhere in that steam community ecosystem.

Leave a comment:

• andre30correia
    replied
    for a game platform it's a good ideia, for the anti32-bit guys valve will not move their client for 64 soon and old games need 32 bits because they are made in 32 bits, I don't see the point of discussions about this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X