Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Changes, Improvements Of Mesa 17.0

Phoronix: The Big Changes, Improvements Of Mesa 17.0

Mesa 17.0 is due to be released this month and is the biggest feature release we've seen in quite a while for this 3D user-space driver stack. Here's a recap of the exciting changes to find with Mesa 17.0.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Formerly known as Mesa 13.1-devel prior to switching to a new year-based versioning system...
    ... well that explains. I had compiled mesa-git just two days ago and was wondering why people were talking about version 17. (I hadn't stepped trough space-time portal after all.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zucca View Post
      ... well that explains. I had compiled mesa-git just two days ago and was wondering why people were talking about version 17. (I hadn't stepped trough space-time portal after all.)
      Then you really need to read Phoronix more as the version switching was talked about several times going back to when it was first proposed last year
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I had apparently missed all those. :|
        Anyway. I'll prepare for compiling mesa-git again in few days (I'll just wait a liitle if some bugs pop up).

Comment

You forgot gallium nine internal multithreading (CSMT).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Then you really need to read Phoronix more as the version switching was talked about several times going back to when it was first proposed last year
            Yup, with Phoronix one can be up to date about everything related to open source, from simple changelog about a new release to complex dev stuff. Thank you Michael! I visit phoronix everyday. I even enable JS sometimes on this website to actually see the adds as those usually contain interesting tech

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

Yup, with Phoronix one can be up to date about everything related to open source, from simple changelog about a new release to complex dev stuff. Thank you Michael! I visit phoronix everyday. I even enable JS sometimes on this website to actually see the adds as those usually contain interesting tech
              I've been reading Phoronix on a daily basis for Years now (without it we're lost! :-) ). Leeching for such a long period = payback time.

O.T. Havn't tried 17.0 yet, weekends 2do. Thanks fr Your great work Michael.

Comment

Big change of version 17 is that versions 14, 15 and 16 are missing in action

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  Big change of version 17 is that versions 14, 15 and 16 are missing in action
                  They should've calles 17.0 14.0 instead. Then 17.2 would be 15.0 and 17.3 would be 16. That way the last version of 2017 would be 17.0 in Q4.
                  In 2018 they could just start with the new versioning scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post

They should've calles 17.0 14.0 instead. Then 17.2 would be 15.0 and 17.3 would be 16. That way the last version of 2017 would be 17.0 in Q4.
                    In 2018 they could just start with the new versioning scheme.
                    They should have just called it version "apple-slash-red5-slash-27," just to screw with people who care about version numbers. Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                    X