Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Changes, Improvements Of Mesa 17.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Big Changes, Improvements Of Mesa 17.0

    Phoronix: The Big Changes, Improvements Of Mesa 17.0

    Mesa 17.0 is due to be released this month and is the biggest feature release we've seen in quite a while for this 3D user-space driver stack. Here's a recap of the exciting changes to find with Mesa 17.0.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24107

  • #2
    Formerly known as Mesa 13.1-devel prior to switching to a new year-based versioning system...
    ... well that explains. I had compiled mesa-git just two days ago and was wondering why people were talking about version 17. (I hadn't stepped trough space-time portal after all.)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zucca View Post
      ... well that explains. I had compiled mesa-git just two days ago and was wondering why people were talking about version 17. (I hadn't stepped trough space-time portal after all.)
      Then you really need to read Phoronix more as the version switching was talked about several times going back to when it was first proposed last year
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        I had apparently missed all those. :|
        Anyway. I'll prepare for compiling mesa-git again in few days (I'll just wait a liitle if some bugs pop up).

        Comment


        • #5
          You forgot gallium nine internal multithreading (CSMT).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: The Big Changes, Improvements Of Mesa 17.0

            Mesa 17.0 is due to be released this month and is the biggest feature release we've seen in quite a while for this 3D user-space driver stack. Here's a recap of the exciting changes to find with Mesa 17.0.

            http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24107
            A question: Is there a difference in Mesa OpenGL performance (FPS in normal games) between LLVM 3.9 and LLVM 4.0?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post

              Then you really need to read Phoronix more as the version switching was talked about several times going back to when it was first proposed last year
              Yup, with Phoronix one can be up to date about everything related to open source, from simple changelog about a new release to complex dev stuff. Thank you Michael! I visit phoronix everyday. I even enable JS sometimes on this website to actually see the adds as those usually contain interesting tech

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by danieru View Post

                Yup, with Phoronix one can be up to date about everything related to open source, from simple changelog about a new release to complex dev stuff. Thank you Michael! I visit phoronix everyday. I even enable JS sometimes on this website to actually see the adds as those usually contain interesting tech
                I've been reading Phoronix on a daily basis for Years now (without it we're lost! :-) ). Leeching for such a long period = payback time.

                O.T. Havn't tried 17.0 yet, weekends 2do. Thanks fr Your great work Michael.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Big change of version 17 is that versions 14, 15 and 16 are missing in action

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    Big change of version 17 is that versions 14, 15 and 16 are missing in action
                    They should've calles 17.0 14.0 instead. Then 17.2 would be 15.0 and 17.3 would be 16. That way the last version of 2017 would be 17.0 in Q4.
                    In 2018 they could just start with the new versioning scheme.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X