Etnaviv Gallium3D Implements Enough To Expose OpenGL 2, Run Ioquake3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Was just going for something 'unique' and different for images, since those same images then get posted to twitter/facebook/etc.

But anyhow he clearly has some beef with phoronix. He had blocked 'phoronix' on Twitter so I couldn't even see the tweet until logging into a different browser... I had never tweeted him in my life or anything, so not sure why he blocks phoronix and then tweets about it as opposed to just tweeting and not follow me.
    Well, I certainly don't care, you can make fun of him all you like as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

GL2-level functionality is the entry point for being useful today, so that's a major milestone for Etnaviv - congrats to the team! And thanks, Michael, for reporting on that event.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Ask yourself, why did you choose to display that photo in this article? It doesn't have anything to do with etnaviv. Was it really just strictly random? You picked it out of a bag full of ioquake images? I doubt that - you picked it because it's so awful it's funny and people like to laugh at it.
        I have to admit I'm still laughing, not because of the game itself but because I imagined Michael carefully chosing the screenshot and the caption below
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          I have to admit I'm still laughing, not because of the game itself but because I imagined Michael carefully chosing the screenshot and the caption below
          I initially laughed because unprofessionalism of both turtle arena and etnaviv and i still laugh because on both Ideally, companies should do these drivers, isn't it

Of course nothing wrong people trying to do something in their spare time , of course results are never final at beginning
          Last edited by dungeon; 19 January 2017, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
            Let's see reality: It's an almost 20-year-old engine. It lacks a lot of pointless features considered standard today. I'm pretty sure Elder Scrolls 6 won't be built on it, neither will Call of Duty 89 nor Assassin's Creed 173 because they need more pointless bling. It's good for education, for pet projects and some simple games. No reason to be butthurt. Not even if someone says it's bad, because it is still decent, by today's standards.
            fixed. Really, when modern engines can actually offer more than graphics bling over ancient stuff, we can talk.

Comment

Exactly, many games go crazy about graphics for not much need but playabilty is zero ... On graphics, those studios should employee people with obvious motion sickness sensitive problems to be testers, but also professional opthamologists to validate that final product is safe to watch
              Last edited by dungeon; 19 January 2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Great news! Congrats to the Etnaviv devs!

What SBC with a Vivante GC-3000 GPU and SATA and/or USB3 has the best upstream kernel support?

How does the GC-3000 compare to the GPU on the Rpi 3 or whatever the best GPU Freedreno supports?

Shame almost non of the ARM boards out there have a Freedreno compat GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Was just going for something 'unique' and different for images, since those same images then get posted to twitter/facebook/etc.

But anyhow he clearly has some beef with phoronix. He had blocked 'phoronix' on Twitter so I couldn't even see the tweet until logging into a different browser... I had never tweeted him in my life or anything, so not sure why he blocks phoronix and then tweets about it as opposed to just tweeting and not follow me.
                  A shame this can't be sorted amicably. In this case I don't think you really did anything wrong and I did point that out from the @gamingonlinux account in the replies.

Hopefully this can get sorted in a nice way.

Comment

Working...
                  X