Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 Patches Of Cleaning & Bug Fixes For Mesa

Phoronix: 70 Patches Of Cleaning & Bug Fixes For Mesa

It's not as exciting as seeing a massive patch series arrive for like the OpenGL shader cache or other key features, but Collabora's Timothy Arceri sent out a set of 70 patches today providing some clean-ups and bug fixes for Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    It's not as exciting as seeing a massive patch series arrive for like the OpenGL shader cache or other key features
    TBH for me its more exciting as new features. Cleanups and bugfixes nowadays are much more important than featureupdates.

Good work (:

Comment

tarceri is there any user-facing change with the fixes, like some app doesn't crash/hang?

Skimming through the mailing list, it seems like the patch lands improvements and better maintainability in the code base, as the SSO example you gave.

Comment

updated last night to latesr git, wake up and gdm wont boot again, ssh in and sddm starts.

updated this morning now gdm boots again.

At least rocket league n games are improving

Comment

Cleaner code means future revisions/improvements will be faster and easier to accomplish. 70 patches is significant.

Comment

Have anybody an idea, is there a better way to track Mesa patches aside of daily checking https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/ ? E.g. I'm waiting — already half a month — when the 84 nine patches would land into git, and still neither it did, nor even reviews appeared on the mailing list. I've got a feeling like everyone forgot them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
              I've got a feeling like everyone forgot them.
              It's entirely possible. Sometimes you see someone pinging the devs on mailing lists on stuff that was simply overlooked.

Comment

"Patchwork" is being used to track unreviewed patches, although it doesn't appear that they are being moved out of "New" state after they have been reviewed and submitted:

Last edited by bridgman; 20 December 2016, 05:06 PM.
                Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                  tarceri is there any user-facing change with the fixes, like some app doesn't crash/hang?

Skimming through the mailing list, it seems like the patch lands improvements and better maintainability in the code base, as the SSO example you gave.
                  No not that I'm aware of, the few bug fixes are for fairly obscure cases and just things I noticed during the clean-up

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post
                    Have anybody an idea, is there a better way to track Mesa patches aside of daily checking https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/log/ ? E.g. I'm waiting — already half a month — when the 84 nine patches would land into git, and still neither it did, nor even reviews appeared on the mailing list. I've got a feeling like everyone forgot them.
                    It _is_ there, now. (125 commits)

compiled clean

OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
                    OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS (DRM 2.48.0 / 4.9.0-2.g6fbc0c0-default, LLVM 4.0.0)
                    OpenGL core profile version string: 4.1 Mesa 13.1.0-devel (git-123e947)
                    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.10
                    OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
                    OpenGL core profile profile mask: compatibility profile
                    OpenGL core profile extensions:
                    OpenGL version string: 4.1 Mesa 13.1.0-devel (git-123e947)
                    OpenGL shading language version string: 4.10
                    OpenGL context flags: (none)
                    OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
                    OpenGL extensions:
                    OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 13.1.0-devel (git-123e947)
                    OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
                    OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Now, I have to do some tests. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X