No announcement yet.

Mesa 12.0.4 Being Prepped For Ubuntu 16.10/16.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are drawing wrong conclusions i think , if this is a bug (because other distros do it) that should be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      You are drawing wrong conclusions i think , if this is a bug (because other distros do it) that should be fixed.
      Yes the bug is on Ubuntu distros since what MESA developing page states:

"...
      • The format should be MAJOR.MINOR[FC]
      • FC is an optional suffix that indicates a forward compatible context. This is only valid for versions >= 3.0.
      • GL versions < 3.0 are set to a compatibility (non-Core) profile
      • GL versions = 3.0, see below
      • GL versions > 3.0 are set to a Core profile
        ... " .
      http://www.mesa3d.org/envvars.html

Comment

I know about Mesa's "GL versions > 3.0 are set to a Core profile", but question is what is correct for other blob drivers too... if app wants some version i guess that one should be given, etc...

So maybe it is a bug, but maybe it is not... i am not also sure if that affect some funcionality or it is just an info

Comment

Remember that fglrx also picks compatability profile as info there. So it is not mesa but something else, maybe X, do you have a bug (or know of some) about this somewhere?

Comment

Remember that fglrx also picks compatability profile as info there. So it is not mesa but something else, maybe X, do you have a bug (or know of some) about this somewhere?
            Yes it could be X but so Fedora or Opensuse which compositor use!?

Comment

I don't think compositor is an issue... even on Windows if you run Doom it say 4.3 on some drivers and on some 4.5, regardless that they both have 4.5... or on Linux if you run Unigine Valley for example, with blob it say 3.2 core profile, while with mesa it is 4.5 core profile again regardless what is actually implemented and what it is reported in app logs - apps run fine
              Last edited by dungeon; 04 December 2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I don't think compositor is an issue... even on Windows if you run Doom it say 4.3 on some drivers and on some 4.5, regardless that they both have 4.5... or on Linux if you run Unigine Valley for example, with blob it say 3.2 core profile, while with mesa it is 4.5 core profile again regardless what is actually implemented and what it is reported in app logs - apps run fine
                So what causes this dichotomy?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  So what causes this dichotomy?
                  Diversity as always Both apps and drivers, apps are developed to be used on some drivers at the time so they might have workarounds for these drivers, on the other side sometimes drivers has workarounds for particular app... also sometimes distro force something and something user force something.

And sometimes we can fix a bug even if it is not a bug, if user complain too much
                  Last edited by dungeon; 04 December 2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Ok so the problem is the ubuntu development. Now I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                      Ok so the problem is the ubuntu development. Now I understand.
                      That is wrong conlusion again, but as you wish .

I speaked generaly, even Playstation 4 PRO is affected by TV diversity, on many it works on some it don't (or at least don't by default), regardless that original PS4 starting fine on both. Basically it is a bug (or it might not be) somewhere that need (or not) to be addresed

But for your "bug" is that looks like fixed to you if you do MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT chrome ?
                      Last edited by dungeon; 04 December 2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X