X.Org Foundation Moving Ahead With Becoming A Khronos Adopter For Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Foundation Moving Ahead With Becoming A Khronos Adopter For Mesa

Phoronix: X.Org Foundation Moving Ahead With Becoming A Khronos Adopter For Mesa

While there were initially concerns by users over OpenGL 4.4~4.5 support being exposed for open-source Mesa drivers due to the Khronos OpenGL conformance test suite for these newer versions and the associated costs, those concerns were laid to rest and the X.Org Foundation is moving ahead with becoming an official Khronos adopter for Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know it's probably unrelated, but would this help the nouveau team have better/faster access to Nvidia's signed firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      I know it's probably unrelated, but would this help the nouveau team have better/faster access to Nvidia's signed firmware?
      No relevance at all, unfortunately.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        I know it's a long shot, but would this help the nouveau team have better/faster access to Nvidia's signed firmware?
        Nope. The issue isn't having access to it. The issue is NVIDIA redistributing it. Which they don't do with any level of expediency. Still no full GM20x support, and that's been out for over two years. (No PMU firmware required for proper reclocking/fan control, no video decoding firmware, etc.) If you want open source support, buy AMD.

Comment

nouveau is not "all community-based", that is misinformation

Comment

Working...
          X