Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blocker Bugs So Far For Mesa 13.0

Phoronix: The Blocker Bugs So Far For Mesa 13.0

Mesa release manager Emil Velikov has setup a tracker bug to indicate all of the bugs that are blockers for the upcoming Mesa 13.0 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i can't understand why something who should come out in August/September continues without release, this one of reasons ppl don't adopt linux in desktop, the delays

Comment

it's really fun to read when someone discover the true real problem that prevents the linux adoption

Comment

Originally posted by trek View Post
        it's really fun to read when someone discover the true real problem that prevents the linux adoption
        funny why? i adopt linux years ago 2010 i think for a advanced user is not the big problem for others it is, it's main reason i like canonical and ubuntu, they have a realease date, ppl can trust them, The three-month cadence works well, untill this Emil take's care of stable drivers. delays and more delays, no stable releases look the example of mesa 12.0, if the guy don't have time or have family problems change this responsability again for some intel dev or amd or someone who have time and have the expertize for this of course

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
          i can't understand why something who should come out in August/September continues without release, this one of reasons ppl don't adopt linux in desktop, the delays
          Yeah, software should come out on schedule, bugs and all!

Right?

Comment

Every time you comment, all you do is complain. How about you get your hands dirty and take part in an open source project? Don't have the skills? No problem! How about you give these guys money (or free hardware in case that's something they need)?

If you can't or won't do either, you have no right to complain about time, 'cause you're not doing anything to make things progress.

Comment

it's main reason i like canonical and ubuntu, they have a realease date, ppl can trust them
              so you have your ubuntu release, it includes mesa, what is your problem again?

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

Yeah, software should come out on schedule, bugs and all!

Right?
                simply less features and then release the november/december mesa with features, I have a new laptop using new mesa makes a lot of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  so you have your ubuntu release, it includes mesa, what is your problem again?
                  new laptop, because of this stupid delays i need to use unstable mesa for the things working more and less. This shit does not happen in windows

Comment

Originally posted by wdb974 View Post

Every time you comment, all you do is complain. How about you get your hands dirty and take part in an open source project? Don't have the skills? No problem! How about you give these guys money (or free hardware in case that's something they need)?

If you can't or won't do either, you have no right to complain about time, 'cause you're not doing anything to make things progress.
                    I don't have the skills I'm teacher of economics but I like having control of my machine. Give money to intel guys? i already buy their cpu, they have official team and drivers for linux distros, why they don't pay some guy to manage mesa releases and stable releases like they do in windows? this shit only happens in linux side with intel and amd, Nvidia is the only company who works and provides good drivers and when they launch a new gpu they have good in day one, my intel i7 with hd 520 works like garbage in the last to mesa releases, 2d acc is even worst but is another story! Dont have this problems with windows 10 only in linux distros because this delays. I install mesa 13.0 rc2 and finally i see my gpu working like windows and enable glamor acc. after 3 mouths waiting

Comment

Working...
                    X