No announcement yet.

Features You Will Not Find In The Mesa 13.0 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised how many people here are calling for Etnaviv. I just built it from git though and it's still very recent.

Multi-threading is my biggest want.

Comment

Originally posted by jhenke View Post
      It does not have to actually do everything, it would be enough to fake the more demanding features (like already done with multi-sampling).
      No, that's terrible. Faking more demanding features is not useful for a fallback solution.
      For a fallback solution you really want that all the advertised features are actually there,
      especially if you want to use the implementation as reference for debugging applications.

Comment

To me it is more like - one more year passing and no threaded GL still considering that blobs had that for years

But there was no rush for that, as first you need to be optimized and perform excellent on single, so that multi might have any sense later on.

Comment

If only AMD was willing to share the threading code of Mantle ...
          This would be good for Vulkan too.

Comment

Features I won't find in Mesa 13?

Maybe OpenGL 4.x for TURKS (r600g) cards? Well, I had 4.x on fglrx, but I don't care about it.

Comment

If you could have all of your Mesa dreams answered - realistic or not - what would they be?

Compatibility profiles so I can finally play Dying Light. Not much point in mentioning them though at this point.

I'd also love to see LEDs on my Fury X. My spouse drives me crazy with all the accusations of "look at all the electricity you're wasting - both your Fury X cards are on maximum load all the time!!" and is now telling me I need to get a power meter and measure the draw to prove what they're doing before she'll stop complaining. Or... the LEDs could just be supported, since they're useful anyway (particularly since Vulkan games on GNU/Linux are a thing now). But that's probably more an amdgpu thing than a Mesa thing I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X