Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesa Hasn't Been Branched Yet Due To LLVM Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mesa Hasn't Been Branched Yet Due To LLVM Issues

    Phoronix: Mesa Hasn't Been Branched Yet Due To LLVM Issues

    The Mesa 12.1/13.0 release dragged out a bit to allow the RADV Radeon Vulkan driver to be merged and then some Gallium3D Nine fixes, which have landed. The branching / feature freeze didn't happen last week though as planned, but Emil Velikov the release manager has now provided an update...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...t-Branched-Yet

  • #2
    As radeonsi and noveau only need to fix some bugs to pass the khronos tests, is there a chance to see 4.4/4.5 enabled by default in the final release?

    Comment


    • #3
      Enabler radeonsi 4.5 pls

      Comment


      • #4
        Lol

        this looks like c++ abi mismatch. See
        https://developerblog.redhat.com/201...d-the-c11-abi/ for details. Recompile llvm and mesa with the same g++.
        And now these forums are apparently de-capitalizing things automatically. Weird.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by treba View Post
          As radeonsi and noveau only need to fix some bugs to pass the khronos tests, is there a chance to see 4.4/4.5 enabled by default in the final release?
          "Some bugs" is actually still a relatively big number for radeonsi (and nouveau is probably worse, since some of its most prolific contributors can't even test against the CTS). We're making good progress on radeonsi, but there's no guarantee that it'll happen before the final 13.0 release, and I don't want us to rush things. Don't worry, you'll have OpenGL 4.5 on Mesa master soon enough, and you can always set an environment variable override

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post

            "Some bugs" is actually still a relatively big number for radeonsi (and nouveau is probably worse, since some of its most prolific contributors can't even test against the CTS). We're making good progress on radeonsi, but there's no guarantee that it'll happen before the final 13.0 release, and I don't want us to rush things. Don't worry, you'll have OpenGL 4.5 on Mesa master soon enough, and you can always set an environment variable override
            I'm curious what kind of bugs you found through the CTS.
            If you do not mind, please share a few types (visual difference, state, etc.. nothing too specific).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zanny View Post
              Enabler radeonsi 4.5 pls
              use:
              https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/114577/
              or set env:
              MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by geearf View Post

                I'm curious what kind of bugs you found through the CTS.
                If you do not mind, please share a few types (visual difference, state, etc.. nothing too specific).
                Just check out the patches he's been posting for the last 10 days.

                Looks like a pretty random bag of stuff, mostly corner cases which makes sense because if it was a commonly hit issue it would already be fixed.

                Quite a few 64-bit related issues so far though - which again makes sense when you consider there aren't really any apps out there using it.

                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/131705.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/131835.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/131852.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/131850.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/131853.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/131851.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/132234.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/132235.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/132576.html
                https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/132577.html

                Comment

                Working...
                X