Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Mesa Driver Now Enables OpenGL 4.5

Phoronix: Intel's Mesa Driver Now Enables OpenGL 4.5

Intel's Mesa OpenGL driver now officially enables OpenGL 4.5 support for Broadwell "Gen 8" hardware and newer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Conformance testing not being a problem for mesa (cost wise) is very good news!

Comment

and what about haswell? still on 3.3 and vulkan is far from working properly

Comment

For those expressing concern about the Khronos conformance test suite for GL 4.4/4.5, the advertised costs, etc, I've got some clarification from Khronos and the concerns are basically a non-issue for Mesa. I'll write up more details in the morning.
        You're such a tease Michael

Comment

Very good for intel, at now is time focus in other extensions

Maybe in 2017 at least opensource drivers have all extensions supported

Comment

Regarding the article: http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...ayland-Success

How can I have been redirected to the Latest Phoronix articles when I try to post my comment?

Please pardon my OT question.

Comment

GraysonPeddie the script that posts articles to forums only runs every 10 minutes so depending when article is posted if you are quick to read and want to comment it can sometimes just redirect you to forum as comment. With the main site and forums being powered by different software, unfortunately not perfect integration.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                and what about haswell? still on 3.3 and vulkan is far from working properly
                Haswell just needs fp64 support to turn on 4.5. It's being worked on, just not done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  GraysonPeddie the script that posts articles to forums only runs every 10 minutes so depending when article is posted if you are quick to read and want to comment it can sometimes just redirect you to forum as comment. With the main site and forums being powered by different software, unfortunately not perfect integration.
                  Does vBulletin provide API access?

Comment

What about Ivy Bridge?

Comment

Working...
                    X