X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and on our planet freedreno was merged long ago

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
      Yes, notice the "all DONE" part at the top.

mesamatrix.net isn't showing radeonsi as green, maybe a bug on the site?
      Already reported

According to features.txt, radeonsi has finished 4.4 but still says it's only 4.3. GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts was just finished, but it only says DONE (i965, llvmpipe, softpipe) I'm assuming that the ...

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        opensource drivers should fix their bugs like everyone else, what else you like me to clarify?
        I was talking about the conformance tests where an open source entity has to pay a specific amount of money to advertise compatibility. Other than that, of course bugs need to be squashed out.

Comment

For folk building mesa themselves - this patch bumps the reported OpenGL version to 4.5 for i965, radeonsi and nvc0

Gentoo Overly. Contribute to FireBurn/Overlay development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
            I built Mesa again from git last night using llvm 3.9. Also rebuilt drm and xf86-video-amdgpu from git master for good measure. Then I exported MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 variables so I could finally run Dying Light. Because missing OpenGL 4.4 support has supposedly been the reason the game won't run under Mesa all this time.

No difference. Still just renders a black screen after the progress bar. This is on a Fury X. Steam overlay (via Shift+Tab) shows up fine, but no picture for the actual game.

AFAIK, this is the only major title that doesn't work with Mesa right now. If the devs had time to solve it before the stable release, that would be amazing. I won't hold my breath though. Techland doesn't seem to care AFAICT.
            You can add this patch to expose opengl 4.5. It probably won't help much but you can try.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
              I was talking about the conformance tests where an open source entity has to pay a specific amount of money to advertise compatibility. Other than that, of course bugs need to be squashed out.
              you were talking about some fantasy of yours. in reality situation is like in my answer

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                you were talking about some fantasy of yours. in reality situation is like in my answer
                lol wut?

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post

If the entire Mesa development community could reproduce and discuss CTS failures, there'd be a lot more 'someones' and it would go quicker. A lot of bugs are in the shared layers of Mesa; many people who work on that code aren't Intel/AMD/RH employees.

Not to mention, I don't see AMD or Intel sponsoring Nouveau any time soon. RedHat maybe, but do they care about Freedreno when that gets merged?

Khronos clearly benefit from having an open, highly-conformant implementation (even the much-loved Nvidia blob fails or crashes in many Piglit tests); granting the Mesa team membership in their own right would be a good way to repay that.
                  Originally posted by FLHerne View Post

Exposing GL4.5 requires passing the conformance tests. Khronos charge tens of thousands of dollars per GL(ES) version [1] just for access to those tests. It's nothing to do with 'fixing bugs', it's the FOSS community not having $200,000 spare for the privilege of providing an open implementation of Khronos' specs.

[1] https://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters/

I would love to know what Khronos Group says about it.

Michael Any news?

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Result: blank screen
                    Have you tried this?

env MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 env STEAM_FRAME_FORCE_CLOSE=1 env MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5COMPAT /usr/bin/steam %U

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post

Have you tried this?

env MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 env STEAM_FRAME_FORCE_CLOSE=1 env MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5COMPAT /usr/bin/steam %U

I've basically been running with the following by default:

Code:
                      export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5
                      export MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450
                      export STEAM_FRAME_FORCE_CLOSE=1
                      I believe I tested with "COMPAT" in the past (as per bug #96449)... I would test that now to confirm, but as luck would have it, an update on Debian Stretch broke Steam last night. I still haven't figured out what's wrong with it so can't immediately retest. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X