• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
    Really?
    GL 4.4, GLSL 4.40 -- all DONE: i965/gen8+, nvc0, radeonsi
    really, this line means "all lines below are done"

Comment

Originally posted by Detructor View Post
      Question: What would (legally) happen if someone would just change the supported OpenGL version to 4.5 for radeonsi without contacting Khronos or going through with these conformance tests?
      my guess is trademark infringement

Comment

anyway this version number anxiety is irrational, since reported can be bumped by setting one environment variable, the only thing what matters is real feature implementation status

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
          Yes, notice the "all DONE" part at the top.

mesamatrix.net isn't showing radeonsi as green, maybe a bug on the site?
          More likely, because features.txt still contains:
          Code:
          GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts DONE (i965, nv50, llvmpipe, softpipe)
          - specified vec4-slot component numbers               DONE (i965, nv50, llvmpipe, softpipe)
          instead of
          Code:
          GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts DONE

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            your post has nothing to do with reality, since radeonsi is developed by amd and radhat, both of which has access to cts. the only problem is someone has to fix all test failures ffs
            If the entire Mesa development community could reproduce and discuss CTS failures, there'd be a lot more 'someones' and it would go quicker. A lot of bugs are in the shared layers of Mesa; many people who work on that code aren't Intel/AMD/RH employees.

Not to mention, I don't see AMD or Intel sponsoring Nouveau any time soon. RedHat maybe, but do they care about Freedreno when that gets merged?

Khronos clearly benefit from having an open, highly-conformant implementation (even the much-loved Nvidia blob fails or crashes in many Piglit tests); granting the Mesa team membership in their own right would be a good way to repay that.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              my guess is trademark infringement
              exactly

Comment

More likely, because features.txt still contains:
                Code:
                GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts DONE (i965, nv50, llvmpipe, softpipe)
                - specified vec4-slot component numbers DONE (i965, nv50, llvmpipe, softpipe)
                instead of
                Code:
                GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts DONE
                nv50 != nvc0

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post
                  nv50 != nvc0
                  Whatever. I am simply pointing out why the OpenGL Mesa Matrix still displays GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts as incomplete for radeonsi.

Comment

Whatever. I am simply pointing out why the OpenGL Mesa Matrix still displays GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts as incomplete for radeonsi.
                    well but your argument makes no sense in this, because it should detect this as done.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
                      If the entire Mesa development community could reproduce and discuss CTS failures, there'd be a lot more 'someones' and it would go quicker.
                      lol, did you try to do some fact-checking before posts? entire mesa community around radeonsi is more than 90% amd + redhat. and no community likes to fix cts failures
                      A lot of bugs are in the shared layers of Mesa; many people who work on that code aren't Intel/AMD/RH employees.
                      you are certainly from some other planet. those two people a busy making nouveau barely usable
                      Not to mention, I don't see AMD or Intel sponsoring Nouveau any time soon. RedHat maybe, but do they care about Freedreno when that gets merged?
                      redhat employs developers of nouveau and freedreno. what planet are you from again?

Comment

Working...
                      X