Another Fun Day In Mesa Git: RADV, NVC0, RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post
    Can nvc0 run all OpenGL games that radeonsi can?
    I wanted to reply to you.... Message above

Comment

Originally posted by boltronics View Post
      I built Mesa again from git last night using llvm 3.9. Also rebuilt drm and xf86-video-amdgpu from git master for good measure. Then I exported MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 and MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 variables so I could finally run Dying Light. Because missing OpenGL 4.4 support has supposedly been the reason the game won't run under Mesa all this time.
      Maybe running apitrace will tell what the game actually wants. I will try it tomorrow (unless somebody posts the result sooner).
      Apitrace fails to trace Dying Light. I filed a new github issue: apitrace/issues/493

However, the first 2 frames contain:

Code:
      1063 @0 glMatrixMode(mode = GL_MODELVIEW)
      1064 @0 glLoadIdentity()
      1065 @0 glViewport(x = 0, y = 0, width = 512, height = 256)
      1066 @0 glMatrixMode(mode = GL_PROJECTION)
      1067 @0 glLoadIdentity()
      1090 @0 glBegin(mode = GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP)
      1091 @0 glTexCoord2f(s = 0, t = 0)
      1092 @0 glVertex2f(x = 0, y = 0)
      1093 @0 glTexCoord2f(s = 1, t = 0)
      1094 @0 glVertex2f(x = 512, y = 0)
      1095 @0 glTexCoord2f(s = 0, t = 1)
      1096 @0 glVertex2f(x = 0, y = 256)
      1097 @0 glTexCoord2f(s = 1, t = 1)
      1098 @0 glVertex2f(x = 512, y = 256)
      1099 @0 glEnd()
      For reference: https://www.opengl.org/wiki/Legacy_OpenGL

Although the 3rd and subsequent frames are missing from qapitrace, it can be assumed that Dying Light is most likely using the compatibility mode.

It looks like this game isn't going to work unless the game developers update the game (alternatively: unless Mesa implements the compatibility mode).

Comment

Does radeonsi support "GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts: specified vec4-slot component numbers" yet? The features.txt file still says "No" while also claiming that GLSL 4.40 is "DONE" for radeonsi.

Comment

Apitrace fails to trace Dying Light. ...
          It looks like this game isn't going to work unless the game developers update the game (alternatively: unless Mesa implements the compatibility mode).
          Have you tried exporting "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5COMPAT" and "MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450" instead?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
            Have you tried exporting "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5COMPAT" and "MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450" instead?
            Result: blank screen

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
              I'd like to hear about a clarification and any exceptions for open-source drivers from Khronos as well
              opensource drivers should fix their bugs like everyone else, what else you like me to clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
                Does radeonsi support "GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts: specified vec4-slot component numbers" yet? The features.txt file still says "No" while also claiming that GLSL 4.40 is "DONE" for radeonsi.
                yes, and features.txt says yes

Comment

dying light doesn't detect video memory "[OpenGL] Video memory detected: 0 [MB]!"

Comment

Question: What would (legally) happen if someone would just change the supported OpenGL version to 4.5 for radeonsi without contacting Khronos or going through with these conformance tests?

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

Mostly, yes. Of course the driver quality isnt as high and random GPU crashes can happen or random bugs, but nouveau was able to run bioshock infinite a week after release without any problems except maybe performance, but it was playable in a decent GPU.

Just OpnGL threaded applications are a big issue currently.
                      Karolherbst and the rest of the nouveau developers, you're doing an amazing job.. seriously... thank you for the awesome job you're doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X