ARB_enhanced_layouts Lands In Mesa Git, Rounds Out OpenGL 4.4 For RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
    Ah, sorry. As I read the article, I assumed that only OpenGL 4.5 couldn't be advertised yet.
    Me too ​​​​​​but it's still great news anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisr View Post
      Ah, sorry. As I read the article, I assumed that only OpenGL 4.5 couldn't be advertised yet.
      I understood the same.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post
        With all that money, how are the open source projects supposed to get compliant?
        Intel could flip the bill for their drivers. What foundation or donor company is flipping the bill for the rest of Mesa?
        Given that Intel and AMD probably already have access to this for their windows drivers...

Comment

Can't Khronos Group provide a special membership to MESA and subprojects as a whole? I think it deserves it.

Intel, AMD, Nouveau projects can join forces to submit the petition to the BoD with a signed letter petition. They can explain why this project is a very special case and the reasons these fees are prohibitive.

I think Khronos Group would prefer their standards get widely adopted and correctly deployed in order to gain market share. They aren't going to lose those fees because community projects aren't able to afford it.

Anyone here with substantial knowledge about this would be brave enough to give an opinion about it? If you must consult your employee, please be proactive about it! Please do, this is very important for the FOSS community.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch074 View Post

As OpenGL 4.5 extensions are all done for radeonsi, then yes, completing OpenGL 4.4 support will technically enable 4.5 as well. Note though that lacking certification, the driver may still advertise OpenGL 4.4 or even 4.3 in mesa 13.0. This might change before then, but will probably wait for the next version.
            Can't you override advertised version with environment variable? As long as actual support is there, it can be good enough for now.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              Intel, AMD, Nouveau projects can join forces to submit the petition to the BoD with a signed letter petition. They can explain why this project is a very special case and the reasons these fees are prohibitive.
              Intel and AMD can pay the fees easily, and most likely already do for Windows (and maybe phones too), I don't see why they would care:
              All Adopters pay a one-off fee to access the Conformance Tests for a particular version of an API. The Adopters Fees are officially specified in the Khronos Group Conformance Test Process and enable an Adopter to submit an unlimited number of products for that API (and any earlier versions as indicated in the table below).
              That leaves the community drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                I highly doubt Nouveau or any community developed driver is going to hold off on tests they can't afford to get access to.
                I guess they might at least count as "academic members" for an additional rebate. Would still be plenty of money, though.

Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Why is OpenGL 4.4 still not marked as implemented for RadeonSI in Mesamatrix?
                  Last edited by Azpegath; 13 October 2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
                    Could you please describe the CTS process?
                    There is a document for that:

Comment

Originally posted by mitch074 View Post
                      Note though that lacking certification, the driver may still advertise OpenGL 4.4 or even 4.3 in mesa 13.0
                      easy to fix by adding one environment variable to profile

Comment

Working...
                      X