ARB_enhanced_layouts Lands In Mesa Git, Rounds Out OpenGL 4.4 For RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB_enhanced_layouts Lands In Mesa Git, Rounds Out OpenGL 4.4 For RadeonSI

Phoronix: ARB_enhanced_layouts Lands In Mesa Git, Rounds Out OpenGL 4.4 For RadeonSI

The work by Nicolai Hähnle on finishing up the GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts extension for Gallium3D is now in Git. This officially marks RadeonSI done with OpenGL 4.4 and is effectively done with OpenGL 4.5 although the new version string is yet to be advertised...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So just to clarify, that means in mesa 13.0, radeonSI will be fully OpenGL compatible? I understand there is still more work to do with GLES and other standards. Regardless, it's great that they have something so big knocked off their "todo list".

Comment

Yes and no, only opengl 4.4 will be available.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
        Yes and no, only opengl 4.4 will be available.
        ​​​​​​
        As OpenGL 4.5 extensions are all done for radeonsi, then yes, completing OpenGL 4.4 support will technically enable 4.5 as well. Note though that lacking certification, the driver may still advertise OpenGL 4.4 or even 4.3 in mesa 13.0. This might change before then, but will probably wait for the next version.

Comment

Did mesa pass conformance tests suites for previous OGL version? I don't remember reading about that when the previous 4.x came out.

Comment

Passing CTS is only required for OGL 4.4 and newer.

Comment

Please give r600g some love too

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                Mmmh so that explains why I always read complaints about the lack of conformance tests for OpenGL : it was only introduced in very recent versions.

Anyway, big, big, congrats to all involved at AMD and in the community for this awesome milestone!

Looking forward to a great 2017 with AZDO support (mainly missing bindless texture if I'm not mistaken) and performance improvements.
                (and maybe a come back of gallium eleven, who knows )

Comment

Why should user care CTS, if it passes piglits it is fine

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                    Oh I see.
                    So I guessthat means that mesa passed the 4.4 already.

Comment

Working...
                    X