Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dozens Of Gallium3D Nine Improvements Land In Mesa

Phoronix: The Dozens Of Gallium3D Nine Improvements Land In Mesa

The 75 patches for Gallium3D's Nine state tracker improvements (D3D9) have now landed in Mesa Git master ahead of the branching for the next Mesa release at the end of the week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

could dx9 be implemented on NIR that would be great

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
      If you have Intel Hardware you can use Gallium3D Nine with the 'ilo' driver.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post

If you have Intel Hardware you can use Gallium3D Nine with the 'ilo' driver.
        No, ilo is really incomplete, and only sample demos will work with gallium nine on it. No games.

Comment

On arch mesa-git-85421.4682abd-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz in [mesa-git] is the last version to work with Gnome 3.22 in [testing] before crashing GDM.

Here's to hoping things get patched up by the end of the week as I would love to use these Gallium patches on AMD.

Comment

Michael - do you know what triggers normal English comments get put into moderation? can I not have text that says "area ss" it almost seems like "A-M-D" is a word that puts comments into moderation - that seems strange.

Also, It seems like comments never come out of moderation, is there some way vBulletin can suck less? Or can we have a system that isn't crippled? I can't upload attachment images, edit posts, comments are eaten, sometimes there's some weird HTTP or DNS error where comments don't even make it into moderation.

It's pretty bad, I wouldn't even mind a Disqus over vBulletin but I know the chances of change are slim sadly

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
              You could have the Nine state tracker in gallium generate NIR instructions rather than TGSI instructions, but it's not clear what benefit that would really have.

If you're asking for Intel support, you'd have to port the whole state tracker to be used by classic (non-gallium) drivers. NIR is just a part of that.

Comment

ElectricPrism i've just built mesa-git from aur, it works. Probably next update mesa-git repo will fix that.

Comment

frosth, thanks for sharing your success, I'll try again in a day and I'm sure it'll be patched up good

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                    On arch mesa-git-85421.4682abd-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz in [mesa-git] is the last version to work with Gnome 3.22 in [testing] before crashing GDM.

Here's to hoping things get patched up by the end of the week as I would love to use these Gallium patches on AMD.
                    An update yesterday gave me issues with kwin and also preventing me from starting 32b games.
                    Based on frosth comment I'll try again with the next build.

Comment

Working...
                    X