No announcement yet.

RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver Planned For Merging Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In AMD's defense, the only mistake they did was to not live up to their word.

The non-prop code-trend is a real display of character for monolithic companies, worse attacks on open-coding have been made in the past, and other companies have been much more psychotic than AMD's initially clumsy, then obedient attitude to open-code.

Although it's still is not the best, I claim it is honorable.

Comment

I can't rewrite my post, so im forced to dubbelpost, had to raise the quality:

In AMD's defense, the only mistake they did was to not live up to their word.

The non-prop code-trend is a real display of character for monolithic companies, worse attacks on open-coding do exist in the past, others have been much more psychotic.

AMD's initial attitude to open-coding was clumsy but they ultimately joined the trend. Even though the its' still is not the best, it's not empty of honor.

Comment

Still awful wording, I will relearn how to write.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          Neither the semi-interesting nor the radv-submit2 branch are building for me
          It's fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            Wow, this is so cool (amazing!), I'm blow away that the great developers got this in good shape so quickly! I will be trying out Mesa git after it has been merged, I'm running it on Gentoo now, so it just means doing an
            Code:
            emerge -1 mesa
            and it's done.
            layman -a FireBurn

emerge vulkan-base mesa

Make sure you have the vulkan use flag enabled

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post

layman -a FireBurn

emerge vulkan-base mesa

Make sure you have the vulkan use flag enabled
              Does it work with nvidia?

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Does it work with nvidia?
                There is no nvidia vulkan driver in mesa, I've been using the intel anv driver on my machine and I've added in support for the radeon radv driver, but until I get home it's only compile tested

Comment

Oh and vulkaninfo is enumerating both devices now

Comment

So will the vulkan driver work with my intel and send it through my nvidia card for output?
                    Nvidia suposedly supposedly supports vulkan already: https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver.
                    But nothing in the gentoo nvidia ebuild about vulkan.
                    This is kinda important for me since i want to start developing with vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                      So will the vulkan driver work with my intel and send it through my nvidia card for output?
                      Nvidia suposedly supposedly supports vulkan already: https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver.
                      But nothing in the gentoo nvidia ebuild about vulkan.
                      This is kinda important for me since i want to start developing with vulkan.
                      No idea, I don't have any nVidia hardware and I don't know if PRIME even works on a pure mesa environment never mind mixing and matching mesa & the closed nvidia driver. If you're serious about developing though, this could be a good chance to get your hands dirty. Give it a shot, if it doesn't work start looking into why

Comment

Working...
                      X