Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Documentation Around NVIDIA's Push For A GBM Alternative To Memory Allocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

In the interest of balance:

sub prime mortgage derivatives = severe loss = capitalism at it's worst.

Do remember, investments may go down as well as up.
    Yep. And its a totally natural thing to happen.

Comment

Recently moved to GNOME Wayland, and it's great. A few caveats, but the quality is much better. Thank you, AMD and other independent Mesa devs for supporting it without whining about APIs.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post

Yep. And its a totally natural thing to happen.
        Nope that was conscious fraud causing a disaster, now an earthquake or volcano that's a natural disaster.

Comment

Nope, you understand little about nature and cooperativity for mutual benefit. Bees, ants, herds, bacteria (quorum sensing) etc.
          "cooperation" or "hive mind" isn't communism man.

Familiar with the word metaphor rather than literal ?
          Familiar with the fact that Linux desktop is plain worse than Windows on most things, that you need to install it on your own, fix it on your own and so on?

Now tell me, is that a good thing for a purely businness standpoint like yours? No. That's all wasted time and useless risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post
            Ok so you are saying that our current economy is working?
            More like saying that all other alternatives failed harder when run on any decent scale. Capitalism still rules the day, even if it is very meh. Economy is, well, still working, even if they had to steal money from poor and give it to rich for lulz to "save banks" or something.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              These kinds of people, you included, should have stayed on Windows or OSX, as the whole point of linux is using opensource drivers and getting the benefits of that.
              Fanaticism is the worst thing in every culture and religion. Your "whole point of Linux" is not the same as everyone else's.
              I'll elaborate on that (however with little hopes, for you to understand) ;]
              I use Linux because it offers me the best freedom of choice and less freedom in the sense of openness -- since I am not browsing thru every line of code in Kernel/Mesa/Qt/GTK/X/and bazillion others. I believe that this is the stance of the most of users of this "opensource system" (even yours -- how often do you take benefit of "the open source drivers" and change something in them?) and if one of our main app git-three admin (or some distribution maintainer) would go rouge and committed some not-straight forward backdoor we would find it out after it has wrecked some havoc.

Comment

"cooperation" or "hive mind" isn't communism man.

Familiar with the fact that Linux desktop is plain worse than Windows on most things, that you need to install it on your own, fix it on your own and so on?

Now tell me, is that a good thing for a purely businness standpoint like yours? No. That's all wasted time and useless risks.
                I refer you to my earlier answer:

You do like to start an argument in an empty room, I'll leave you on your own.

Good day.

Comment

In the interest of balance:
                  sub prime mortgage derivatives = severe loss = capitalism at it's worst.
                  And that's perfectly the same you can find in nature when animals don't usually check anything and simply eat and reproduce until something breaks and a whole flock of animals die of starvation or the whole local ecosystem goes to dogs or unrelated animals competing for food die.

Comment

Wow, I was being sarcastic when I said that open source drivers were the only good thing about Linux. You know some people actually like using Linux right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
                      Good point, because there are no other positives to using GNU/Linux other than open source drivers.
                      I talked of linux, the kernel. GNU/Linux is the OS.

Comment

Working...
                      X