No announcement yet.

OpenGL ES 3.2 Officially Enabled For Intel Mesa Driver, Limited To Skylake+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on Intel Skylake platform. According to mesamatrix.net Intel has all the extensions ready to advertise Opengl 4.5 yet mesa only shows 4.4. What is the reason not to have later specs enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
      I am on Intel Skylake platform. According to mesamatrix.net Intel has all the extensions ready to advertise Opengl 4.5 yet mesa only shows 4.4. What is the reason not to have later specs enabled?
      GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility is pretty recent (less than a month ago), maybe you don't have all the necessary packages yet in your distribution. I'm not an expert, but I know that at least three pieces are important to have the very latest drivers: drivers (mesa), kernel and llvm.

Comment

Originally posted by ryszardzonk View Post
        Some of the GL4.5 conformance tests are still failing, so they are holding off advertising support until they fix the bugs.

Comment

Working...
        X