Mesa 12.0.2 Released, Fixes For Intel Vulkan Driver, Wayland-EGL Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 12.0.2 Released, Fixes For Intel Vulkan Driver, Wayland-EGL Crashes

Phoronix: Mesa 12.0.2 Released, Fixes For Intel Vulkan Driver, Wayland-EGL Crashes

The long-awaited Mesa point release update to Mesa 12 is now available with a variety of fixes for these open-source graphics drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In total there are more than 150 fixes/changes with Mesa 12.0.2 given the time that's passed since the last stable release.
    Formally this is the first stable mesa-12.0 release. mesa-12.0.1 was just a quick fix for the build failure.

Comment

at last! this become one of biggest stable mesa releases i ever see

Comment

And yet, Debian testing remains on 11.2... Sad face.

Comment

Originally posted by bwyan View Post
          What do you expect? Debian is obsolete, and will always be. It's the way they work.

Comment

Originally posted by bwyan View Post
            It's easy to compile mesa yourself, though. You can use the LinuxFromScratch page as a starting point. Mesa does not take long to compile at all

Comment

There is mesa 12.0.1 in Debian experimental... which works if you use Sid.

But for Testing without trying i can't safely recommend nothing currently, as big foockers are currently in transition, gcc 6.2, glbc 2.24 and brothers

Comment

For Testing users, there is a lag always what to say, sometimes days sometimes can be even months So, just watch transitions and when you see big foockers around then lag is self explainatory

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  But for Testing without trying i can't safely recommend nothing currently, as big foockers are currently in transition, gcc 6.2, glbc 2.24 and brothers
                  I compiled mesa 12.0.2 last night on Testing/Sid with current testing gcc (6.1.1), works like a charm.

Comment

Yeah, compiling should work... if you can, then do it

But bwyan complain why packages are not there, so i trying to explain that during transitions depending how hard some are for some packages you need to wait more and particulary with Testing.

Comment

Working...
                    X