Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver Continues Building Up Features Quickly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver Continues Building Up Features Quickly

    Phoronix: RADV Radeon Vulkan Driver Continues Building Up Features Quickly

    Just earlier this week I published initial open-source benchmarks of the RADV open-source Radeon Vulkan driver that is the community-driven, unofficial AMD open-source Vulkan code-base for now. At the rate the driver is continuing to evolve, it probably won't be not more than a few days before some fresh benchmarks are warranted...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ulkan-DCC-More

  • #2
    It's astonishing to see this driver growing so quickly. Well, I hope AMD will get that legal review done quickly. Otherwise I wonder how these two branches then will go together. It would be sad if any work was wasted.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      I wonder how these two branches then will go together.
      Those are two branches, those are two completely different pieces of software. AMD’s Vulkan stack has nothing to do with Mesa.

      Comment


      • #4
        vulkaninfo works on amdgpu si =)

        Device Extensions and layers:
        =============================
        GPU0
        VkPhysicalDeviceProperties:
        ===========================
        apiVersion = 0x400005 (1.0.5)
        driverVersion = 1 (0x1)
        vendorID = 0x1002
        deviceID = 0x6798
        deviceType = DISCRETE_GPU
        deviceName = AMD RADV TAHITI
        VkPhysicalDeviceLimits:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

          Those are two branches
          Damn, forgot to add "not". Has editing been disabled?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

            Damn, forgot to add "not". Has editing been disabled?
            Yeah, spambots figured a way to use edit to get in. So it's disabled for all but Premium users now. I don't blame him the bots are annoying.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              Yeah, spambots figured a way to use edit to get in.
              Geez, I hope they didn't figure it out on their own. Otherwise we have a much bigger problem than not being able to edit forum posts...

              Last edited by bridgman; 04 September 2016, 12:34 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bridgman View Post

                Geez, I hope they didn't figure it out on their own. Otherwise we have much a bigger problem than not being able to edit forum posts...

                Haha! Yeah well we all know behind every bot is a fat middle aged white guy in boxer shorts and a dirty wife beater...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  Haha! Yeah well we all know behind every bot is a fat middle aged white guy in boxer shorts and a dirty wife beater...
                  Nowadays with massive-multi-language frameworks like Selenium and browser automation APIs from Google (WebDriver) implemented in all major browsers, it's not terribly hard to make a simple web bot.
                  I'd say also script kiddies can do it pretty well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    It's astonishing to see this driver growing so quickly. Well, I hope AMD will get that legal review done quickly. Otherwise I wonder how these two branches then will go together. It would be sad if any work was wasted.
                    Being Vulkan not the same as OpenGL, there is no problem in having two userspace drivers, one for OpenGL and one for Vulkan in the same system

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X