Mesa Will Be Back On Track For Frequent, Stable Point Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    I didn't try to run it recently, but in the past I never had any special issues with Metro Redux. Just the usual cleanup of old libraries that come bundled in the Steam runtime. There should be a wiki for your distribution how to deal with those, otherwise the workarounds from the wiki for Gentoo or Arch should also apply to Xubuntu.
    Ahh!
    This I might have missed. I did get Metro to launch by going directly to the executable in the metro directory; but it was pretty flaky. Wouldn't apply setting changes, wouldn't shut down afterwards.
    I did the work-around to get steam to install and launch in 16.04; but that is it. Can you point me in the right direction as far as which "outdated libraries" need to be dealt with?

Comment

It might be enough to run steam with LD_PRELOAD for the problematic libraries, like this:
      Code:
      LD_PRELOAD='/usr/$LIB/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/$LIB/libgcc_s.so.1 /usr/$LIB/libxcb.so.1 /usr/$LIB/libgpg-error.so /usr/$LIB/libasound.so.2' /usr/bin/steam
      I know this works on Arch but doesn't work on Gentoo because libgcc_s is in a custom location that doesn't match $LIB. If it doesn't work on Xubuntu you will have to delete those libraries from the steam runtime:
      Code:
      find $HOME/.local/share/Steam -name <library name> -delete

Comment

Working...
      X