Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL Now Supports Relative Mouse Mode On Wayland

Phoronix: SDL Now Supports Relative Mouse Mode On Wayland

With the latest SDL development code is support for the relative mouse mode when using this important library to games and other applications on Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will this require any changes to the games that use it or is it magic?

Comment

If the game works on wayland, then no, there won't be any changes required. That said, xonotic is now playable under pure wayland!

Comment

Another great recent SDL2 change: It now supports audio capture!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielG View Post
          Another great recent SDL2 change: It now supports audio capture!

Comment

Excellent, this was the last thing preventing me from playing Xonotic under Wayland. Xonotic actually runs faster (!) for me under Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by You- View Post
              Will this require any changes to the games that use it or is it magic?
              Games using mouse movements simulate relative mouse movements by calculating the distance to the center of the screen and then centering the cursor. Games utilizing the new mode can skip this and utilize relative coordinates directly.

Comment

yeah, when icculus wrote that tweet it was still in his own SDL dev fork, now it's in the official repo.
                I hope the 2.0.5 release won't take as long as 2.0.4

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                  Excellent, this was the last thing preventing me from playing Xonotic under Wayland. Xonotic actually runs faster (!) for me under Wayland.
                  Why the exclamation mark? Aside from not having X11's 'unfixable' security issues and general weirdness in the I/O path, higher efficiency was a major goal for Wayland. So assuming that the game runs without Xwayland, anything except speedups would be a disappointment …

Comment

Mir is still a thing? I thought Ubuntu would switch to Wayland by now.

Comment

Working...
                    X