Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI OpenGL Performance Has Evolved A Lot Since Early 2015

Phoronix: RadeonSI OpenGL Performance Has Evolved A Lot Since Early 2015

Yesterday I posted some benchmarks showing how the AMDGPU / R9 Fury performance has jumped up in the past few months just since the April release of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. For those wondering how the open-source AMD OpenGL performance has evolved over the longer term, I took a Radeon R9 270X graphics card and re-did tests going back to Ubuntu 15.04 for looking at the RadeonSI Gallium3D performance for the past year and a half.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great evolvement of GCN 1.0, probably most problematic cards during this period

And now all that GCN 1.0 investment, will be restarted with amdgpu

Comment

Unigine Heaven seemed to have better performance on Ubuntu 15.04 than 15.10/16.04
      Because it didn't support Tessellation before Mesa 11.0, and Tessellation performance was abysmal until optimized code came in with the 11.2 release. That is, if you test Heaven with Tessellation enabled at all, otherwise it would be a strange regression.

Comment

Yeah, mesa 11.0 doesn't support opengl 4.0 for radeon... maybe problem was kernel or so. r9 270 was nasty gfx IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          How so? The OpenGL driver is still the same.

Comment

such well informed and useful post

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post
              How so? The OpenGL driver is still the same.
              It is not the same, just name is the same... cos of first name X convention

Comment

It is not the same, just name is the same... cos of first name X convention
                It's about 95% the same.

Comment

Hello phoronix,
                  I thank you for having made a complete and tested this with the same map-grahique which is r9-270x.
                  I will like to have a tutorial for installing the graphics driver under Xenial, at home it not.

Comment

Working...
                  X