No announcement yet.

Gallium3D Optimizations Published For BioShock Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One two, should my message appear or not ... seems not, robot decided that i am bad

Originally posted by kamild1996 View Post
    Proprietary drivers worked fine (can't use them just yet) but open-sourced ones have this nasty bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=95308
    That's my main concern :/
    By definition, If regression - then bisection Both what happens with game and mesa. There comment is:

This has been an issue since TF2's mid-December 2015 update.
    So back in december they enabled Texture streaming for Linux as i see:

So it might be that, dunno if cvar exist to try... seems not:

I'm requesting an option to disable texture streaming for the reason that it tends to cause major bugs on some cards/graphics stacks (and seems to be causing crashes already), and can cause somewha...
    Last edited by dungeon; 19 July 2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

I just spotted lockups with Serious Sam 3 with mesa 12.0.1 while does not happen 11.2.2... beauty, whenever i install mesa i must bisect something But i tried radeon on CIK, maybe they do not care about radeon anymore for CIK while amdgpu for CIK is still disabled by default ... maybe yes, maybe no, maybe, maybe i don't 'no' .
      Last edited by dungeon; 19 July 2016, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        The biggest advantages of Radeon is to make it possible for people like you to git-bisect!
        Yeah even that became harder it seems In mesa git_sha1.h: No such file or directory , blah, blah, oh my

BTW and Talos too lockup with 12.0.1, great i see everybody uses this mesa

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

The biggest advantages of Radeon is to make it possible for people like you to git-bisect!
          I fully agree with you. The proprietary driver has some pretty serious bugs too. At least the oss driver can be debugged by anyone that knows how.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Yeah even that became harder it seems In mesa git_sha1.h: No such file or directory , blah, blah, oh my

BTW and Talos too lockup with 12.0.1, great i see everybody uses this mesa
            It sounds more like your installation isn't quite right if you have missing files. Seems like a packaging issue to me. Contact the package maintainer and let him know what problems you are having. I'll bet you he either knows what the deal is or at least can help you figure it out.

Comment

I don't have missing files, that is borked somewhere in RCs of mesa 12 Here seems fixed, but i need to go before and that it is borked even before RC1... it will be manual patched bisecting this time

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...253dac5684da61
              Last edited by dungeon; 19 July 2016, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah, blobs are obsolete... tell me that story

So first games (Sam3 and Talos) i tried on new 12 mesa they lockup GPU right upon starting... On 11.2 both runs stable fine (sort of) at 60% speed of blob and are also skippy-jumpy, cos of no cache
                Last edited by dungeon; 19 July 2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

So, 11.2 has borked vdpau/gl, while 12.0 branch and main games lockup GPU - so choose what you want there ... on average one should use fglrx or amdgpu-pro

edit: Hopefully i will pass this bisection with less then 10 lockups/restarts

Last edited by dungeon; 19 July 2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                    So, 11.2 has borked vdpau/gl, while 12.0 branch and main games lockup GPU - so choose what you want there ... on average one should use fglrx or amdgpu-pro

edit: Hopefully i will pass this bisection with less then 10 lockups/restarts
                    Well if it make you feel any better, on Tahiti i got some issues from time to time(i compile my own mesa and sometimes i do so when half the patches are landing on master and i get a binary mess) but long time without lockups, i don't have talos tho

Archlinux
                    R9-280
                    LLVM SVN master daily
                    Mesa master daily with custom cflags(i'm fun that way)
                    Xorg master
                    Wayland master
                    4.7-rc7

So, is not a wide driver issue but probably an specific hardware fault in certain chips, for example in TAHITI like 2 months ago i got crashes and horrible texture corruption and it seems all AMD GPUs report certain parameter as 8 or 16 but TAHITI and only TAHITI reported 12 and that fucked up half the driver in GL4+ apps

My point hardware bugs exist, so is important to report them, even if you don't know how to bisect(generally speaking, not to you personally) the fact you reported it can help since someone else can have that hardware and help bisecting

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                      F___ing mod que!!!
                      It's spelt "queue". "Que" is a question in spanish.
                      It took me forever to realize what the hell you were saying...

Comment

Working...
                      X