Gallium3D Optimizations Published For BioShock Infinite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, blobs are obsolete... tell me that story

So first games (Sam3 and Talos) i tried on new 12 mesa they lockup GPU right upon starting... On 11.2 both runs stable fine (sort of) at 60% speed of blob and are also skippy-jumpy, cos of no cache
    Last edited by dungeon; 07-19-2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Yeah, blobs are obsolete... tell me that story

So first games (Sam3 and Talos) i tried on new mesa they lockup GPU right upon starting... On 11.2 both runs stable fine (sort of) at 60% speed of blob and are also skippy-jumpy, cos of no cache
      the freedom of roll-back faulty git commits into a working/useful version in your own local git version is also a Radeon Open source feature. On closed source you are forced to use the versions they release.
      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

So, 11.2 has borked vdpau/gl, while 12.0 branch and main games lockup GPU - so choose what you want there ... on average one should use fglrx or amdgpu-pro

edit: Hopefully i will pass this bisection with less then 10 lockups/restarts

Last edited by dungeon; 07-19-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

So, 11.2 has borked vdpau/gl, while 12.0 branch and main games lockup GPU - so choose what you want there ... on average one should use fglrx or amdgpu-pro

The freedom as a end-user to pay a free developer to bisect and fix the problems is also a Radeon feature.
          For you it is also a money earning opportunity because i am sure there are people want to give you money for what you do.

this free market of independent developers and free customers is also a opensource Radeon feature.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Well if it make you feel any better, on Tahiti i got some issues from time to time(i compile my own mesa and sometimes i do so when half the patches are landing on master and i get a binary mess) but long time without lockups, i don't have talos tho

Archlinux
            R9-280
            LLVM SVN master daily
            Mesa master daily with custom cflags(i'm fun that way)
            Xorg master
            Wayland master
            4.7-rc7

So, is not a wide driver issue but probably an specific hardware fault in certain chips, for example in TAHITI like 2 months ago i got crashes and horrible texture corruption and it seems all AMD GPUs report certain parameter as 8 or 16 but TAHITI and only TAHITI reported 12 and that fucked up half the driver in GL4+ apps

My point hardware bugs exist, so is important to report them, even if you don't know how to bisect(generally speaking, not to you personally) the fact you reported it can help since someone else can have that hardware and help bisecting

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
              F___ing mod que!!!
              It's spelt "queue". "Que" is a question in spanish.
              It took me forever to realize what the hell you were saying...

Comment

Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post

It's spelt "queue". "Que" is a question in spanish.
                It took me forever to realize what the hell you were saying...
                If you want to be a grammar nazi, then it's spelt "spelled" jk

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                  If you want to be a grammar nazi, then it's spelt "spelled" jk
                  lol - They're actually interchangeable alternatives.
                  I'm really not a prescriptivist jerk, just was legit confused and want to let you know for future spellings.

Comment

Working...
                  X