Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Is Almost Back Up To 1.9 Million Lines Of Code

Phoronix: Mesa Is Almost Back Up To 1.9 Million Lines Of Code

Being half-way through the year now and also given the recent Mesa 12.0 release I decided to run some Git statistics on Mesa to see how this year is panning out for its development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

For me, this is one of the most astonishing open source projects of these days, like wine, gcc and linux.

Thanks to all the authors!

Comment

That Phoronix stat page is totally unnecessary.

Comment

Video debut del trio mexicano de hop hop Control Machete, ganador de 2 premos MTV, dirigido por Julio Zenil

Comment

So much code, and still there is no proper documentation at all. Then blame the world that so few people contribute...

Comment

I thought the article was celebrating how many people were contributing... even after reading it twice...
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
              Mesa. 15 years behind. As usual. Windows did what you do now back in the 2000s
              Wrong, Windows did that from day one. Windows always had feature parity with Windows.

The fun starts now that Mesa has catched up.

Comment

Windows didn't even have geometry shaders 15 years ago, let alone GL4.3 or the equivalent.

In fact, 15 years ago Windows was on DirectX version 8.0, which was the first one to even have any programmable shaders at all available. Mesa is far, far, far past that.
                Last edited by smitty3268; 11 July 2016, 03:05 AM.

Comment

You need to get a new dead horse to beat as this one woke from the dead and walked away, since Mesa is for all intents and purposes at OpenGL 4.5 now, but at least you're doing it to troll, some people were disingenuous enough to actually that "Mesa is X many years behind because it's at Spec Y which came out in Z instead of the Current Spec", instead of realizing that remaining workload not spec dates define how far behind they really were.

Comment

I think that for the first time, we can say that Mesa is not behind anything in terms of features. It has OpenGL 4.5 and Vulkan for some hardware, it has 3 video decoding APIs (including support for the super new HEVC format) and 2 of them can also do video encoding. Mesa is on par with Windows 10, but depending on the Windows release schedule, Mesa might get ahead of Windows 10 for a certain period of time. Will I see Master5000 say that Windows 10 is 15 years behind as a result of that?

Comment

Working...
                    X