Mesa 12.0 Still Hasn't Been Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    if only you had access to google to find prebuilt mesa-git package for your distro
    What a useless comment. Why, for any reason, would I know that a prebuilt mesa-git repo exists for my distro? I'm aware there are packages that aren't pre-built, but it's not like Arch actively advertises alternative repos.
    That's like telling the average 1st grader to solve "4^6=x" when they probably don't even know what exponents are, and then being a condescending asshole about them not knowing it.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      What a useless comment. Why, for any reason, would I know that a prebuilt mesa-git repo exists for my distro? I'm aware there are packages that aren't pre-built, but it's not like Arch actively advertises alternative repos.
      That's like telling the average 1st grader to solve "4^6=x" when they probably don't even know what exponents are, and then being a condescending asshole about them not knowing it.
      I agree with you, some people here have stinking attitudes, I was going to ask how do I use those repos and install it on Antergos but I'm afraid now, jesus....

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Arch actually actively advertises alternate repositories. Say that fast three times. The mesa-git repository has been in the Arch wiki, along with many other repositories, for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by alex79 View Post

I agree with you, some people here have stinking attitudes, I was going to ask how do I use those repos and install it on Antergos but I'm afraid now, jesus....
          Here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ories#mesa-git

Add that little snippet to /etc/pacman.conf and run `pacman -Syyu` (as root). Should give you what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post

Here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ories#mesa-git

Add that little snippet to /etc/pacman.conf and run `pacman -Syyu` (as root). Should give you what you need.
            I wonder why the gnome-unstable repo isn't in there. It does exist, but it is pretty hard to find info on it.

Comment

While we're already one week into July, Mesa 12.0 has been quietly riding well past its June release schedule.
              I've seen that in mesamatrix, no update of GL3.txt for 3 weeks, I suppose devs are actively fixing bugs right now

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Here is the latest mesa git compiled and packaged and it is updated every day (automatically I think): https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archiv...aphics-drivers
                Works with Debian testing/sid too.
                How do you add to debian sid sorry?
                I can see the apt source entry but it only lists for xenial or wily. I guess I can just choose one and add to /etc/apt/sources.list?

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                  The mesa-git repository has been in the Arch wiki, along with many other repositories, for a very long time.
                  Yes... I'm aware, now. Though as you pointed out, it's buried in there along with dozens of other repos. So as stated before, how am I supposed to know about that? Do you have any clue how huge the Arch wiki is? There are over 16,000 articles. Knowing one of them has a page anchor for pre-built mesa-git is not common knowledge. Even if I already knew about the wiki page about trusted 3rd party repos, I wouldn't immediately remember or think to check it for this one specific purpose.

Comment

just released https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...99005278ba5e0d

Comment

Working...
                    X