Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 12 Big New Features Of Mesa 12.0

Phoronix: The 12 Big New Features Of Mesa 12.0

With Mesa 12 now having been branched with plans to release next month, the code is under a feature freeze as developers turn to fixing bugs ahead of this stable release. With no more major features planned, here's an overview of the new features for Mesa 12.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sorry to post that here too, but :
    if you get your hands on a high core count CPU, I'd love to see OpenSWR benched. Will be hyped until AVX512 gets available, as Larrabee could have been quite the revolution in rendering (according to both Carmack and Sweeney anyway).

Comment

Sorry if double post, seems to have disappeared (or waiting moderation, but can not retrieve it anyhow...)
      If you get your hands on a high core count CPU, I'd love to see OpenSWR benched. It'd satisfy my hype (already 8 years waiting) for what Larrabee could have been (until AVX512 gets there eventually, to see the hardware side of it too).

Comment

Sorry if double post, seems to have disappeared (or waiting moderation, but can not retrieve it anyhow...).
        If you get your hands on a high core count CPU, I'd love to see OpenSWR benched. It'd satisfy my hype (already 8 years waiting) for what Larrabee could have been (until AVX512 gets there eventually, to see the hardware side of it too). According to Carmack and Sweeney at the time, it was meant to be to future of rendering... Sigh

Comment

Great! Hope to see this in the next version of openSUSE Leap :-)

Comment

OpenGL 4.3 is now available for Intel i965 (with Broadwell hardware and newer), Nouveau NVC0 (for Fermi and Kepler), and RadeonSI (when using LLVM 3.9 SVN).
            For RadeonSI, it also needs a recent kernel [4.7] exposing the needed registries for some of the GPUs.

Comment

Great release, hope it comes to fedora 24 soon!

Comment

The secret to rendering 3D graphics for FREE. Proprietary driver developers HATE him...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  Phoronix: The 12 Big New Features Of Mesa 12.0

With Mesa 12 now having been branched with plans to release next month, the code is under a feature freeze as developers turn to fixing bugs ahead of this stable release. With no more major features planned, here's an overview of the new features for Mesa 12.0...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ature-Overview
                  It does make me wonder what Intel is going to do about people with Haswell and previous generation machines. Its not that those machine are decade old, obsolete technology.

Comment

Stupid question: why does RadeonSI need LLVM 3.9 but not Intel 965 or Nouveau NVC0?

Comment

Working...
                    X