Gallium3D Update, 2D Support Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _txf_ View Post
    I wonder if that unknown card and unknown company is Larrabee and Intel?
    Wild speculation on either the SGX or Larabee drivers at this point. Though that would be my WAG as well...

Comment

hm would it be possible to have 3d accel and fast 2d on multiple xservers? that would be really great. with the radeon driver i can only use dri on one xserver at the moment, while the nvidia driver could supply 3d on more than one xserver (yes i know it doesnt use dri) . but this feature is really cool if you want to have compiz on one desktop and play games on the other one for example.
      thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by picard View Post
        hm would it be possible to have 3d accel and fast 2d on multiple xservers? that would be really great. with the radeon driver i can only use dri on one xserver at the moment, while the nvidia driver could supply 3d on more than one xserver (yes i know it doesnt use dri) . but this feature is really cool if you want to have compiz on one desktop and play games on the other one for example.
        thanks!
        If one implements the stuff correctly, it should of course work.
        It once worked with Catalyst 8.4 on my computer (and it's _really_ handy too finally have "minimizing" support under Linux), but newer versions fail at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
          Now, WINE might be able to utilize G3D to talk more directly to the hardware- if they can manage to process HLSL to something useful and more succinctly model the state machine that D3D uses.
          Converting HLSL to TGSI sounds like sheer agony. (let alone trying to deal with the pre-compiled stuff, might end up having to feed that directly to the GPU instead of going through G3D)
          Edit: Never mind, Wine seems to have done HLSL->GLSL conversion since 2007. This was a non-issue even when the original message was written, apparently.
          Last edited by nanonyme; 08 August 2009, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X