Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offchip Tessellation Lands In Mesa For RadeonSI Gallium3D

Phoronix: Offchip Tessellation Lands In Mesa For RadeonSI Gallium3D

Earlier this month I wrote about much faster tessellation coming for AMD's RadeonSI Gallium3D driver and now that code has landed...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When people ask "what ever are developers going to do after 4.5?" this is a good chunk of it. Dem frames!

Comment

Sounds good, but I am having a hard time understanding when I may be able to see the results. Using the pedoka PPA on Ubuntu 16.04, when would one generally determine/estimate when these improvements become available?

Comment

git commit -> pedoka git pull -> pedoka build and publish PPA -> you update the mesa

right now you have to wait for the new PPA build...

Also remember, not all games uses this feature, so most of then will be exactly the same performance

Comment

Originally posted by higuita View Post
          git commit -> pedoka git pull -> pedoka build and publish PPA -> you update the mesa

right now you have to wait for the new PPA build...

Also remember, not all games uses this feature, so most of then will be exactly the same performance
          Thanks for this, made it a bit clearer for me. Do You know how one would probe ones driver to detect this particular change (say via glxinfo)?

Comment

Originally posted by bwyan View Post

Thanks for this, made it a bit clearer for me. Do You know how one would probe ones driver to detect this particular change (say via glxinfo)?
            Speed? 8-)

git commit >= 43d7305

Comment

I don't know about the PPA, but the mesa-git packages use the commit hash for the version (and the commit number) so it's really easy to find out what you have.
              Right now we're exactly on the commit before all this, so tomorrow it's benchmark time

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                When people ask "what ever are developers going to do after 4.5?"
                4.6 :P

Comment

Does this or could it boost Nouveau too? Are the patches AMD specific?

Comment

There are all about radeonsi (you can easily see that in the commit names).

Comment

Working...
                    X